Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Templates

osCMax Development Team

Templates

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Post Re: Templates

We're sliding off-topic, here but I hear you well enough and can't disagree, with some caveats. Perhaps you can assist with oscmore, when PGM (the now key player) gets totally scunnered with 'max and its' base code gathers even more cobwebs.

There are probably as many live stores on older osCmax, as there are on 2.5.x versions. An upgrade path has always been in the minds of developers but a completely changed code base introduces more "challenges". It's bad enough trying to get mySQL statements to behave nicely on different versions, let alone (semi-)automating store template upgrades.

Personally, I see the bootstrap addition to osCmax a (possibly) mid-term enhancement, that extends the life and usefulness of the current osCmax package. The growth of osC modules that have been upgraded/ported from osC 2.2 to the modular approach, has probably made the use of osC more viable. Remember, osCmax is osC with a heck of a lot of integrated contributions plus enhancements. To move 'max to a new osC code base will mean that the majority of its' existing contributions will need to be available.

As mentioned above, BTS can still have an important role to serve, in any new osCmax code base. This came to the fore yesterday, when I was modding Prestashop for a client. It took a couple of hours to find a working (free) solution to something that takes me ten minutes with osCmax. This is primarily due to the relatively easy coding and structure in osCmax.

[Must find some time/energy to further the bootstrap-max coding.]

Developers resource at bitbucket
    oscmax.co.uk / ejsolutions.co.uk
    Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    *** FREE osCmax hosting available ***
    oscmaxtemplates.com

osCMax Development Team

Templates

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Wink Re: Templates

Well, I finally got around to it...
    My first YouTube video - silent of course, 'cos who wants to listen to me prattling on.

Hope this helps a few folks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFdw_imZ8dM

You probably need to cut & paste the above, if the redirect is still screwed up for you, as it is for me, presently.

Hosting plans with installation, configuration, contributions, support and maintenance.
    oscmaxtemplates.com

Lurker
    Total Contributions For

Antti Lipasti     $ 0.00

Default Re: Templates

Ah, interesting topic.. I have three websites running on OscMax and have been thinking of moving to Burt's bootstrap with addons
    https://github.com/newburns/osCommer...tstrap-wADDONS
    and trying to add some of the OscMax addons to that. It has just been a way too much work for me.. I did some of the addons already, but then gave up as there was simply too much work and I was getting worried I leave some security holes and bugs with my limited coding skills and time to test the code changes..

My plan was to make a version to which I could move my databases to, so a fresh install and then copy the required database tables from my existing OscMax shops.

These two IMHO are the best Oscommerce "forks" now and would be wonderful, if we could join these two forks and bring OscMax to oscommerce 2.3.4 base with bootstrap.. Burt has already done many of the addons in OscMax in his Addons version and many of the other addons are available in either 2.3.4 or bootstap version (and many of those have some updates too).

I have not looked into the BTS template code, but I that might be one of the most tasking items to move to 2.3.4 bootstrap. My own plan was to actually leave that out and use some commercially available bootstrap templates for my sites.

Total Contributions For

burt     $ 0.00

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

That Addons version you found is put together by a pair of shopowners* who do not understand that we are trying to get away from adding crap into the core. That fork (and some others) are "persona non grata" as they add nothing to osCommerce (in fact worse, they hold osCommerce back in the steam age) and give no help (pushes, pulls, commits) to the Master Github.

*who have no clue how to rewrite addons to go from "change 300 lines of code across 10 files" to "drop in a new module and turn on in admin".

osCMax Development Team

Templates

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Thumbs up Re: Templates

@Burt
    Thanks for the clarification. I took a cursory look and through not paying attention, actually thought it was you who had put it together.

oscmaxtemplates.com

DonMichael

I really wish oscmax used the smarty template system.... been thinking about starting that project myself.

osCMax Development Team

Templates

Total Contributions For

ridexbuilder     $ 15.00

Arrow Re: Templates

Quote Originally Posted by DonMichael View Post
    I really wish oscmax used the smarty template system.... been thinking about starting that project myself.
    I hate "Smarty" with a passion - awful syntax plus cache nonsense. Just IMO, of course.

oscmaxtemplates.com

Total Contributions For

rwstarke     $ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by ridexbuilder View Post
    I hate "Smarty" with a passion - awful syntax plus cache nonsense. Just IMO, of course.
    I did one site using "Smarty" (Xcart). It was hell and ran slow.

Page 2 of 2 First 12