Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!

Thread: Is Recover Cart Sales working? How can you tell?

Is Recover Cart Sales working? How can you tell?

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

JRR     $ 180.00

Default Is Recover Cart Sales working? How can you tell?

I've been wondering about Recover Cart Sales for a while now. Looking in the Showme guide I bought for osCmax 2.5 (User Manual) it says:

Recover Cart Sales Report c2.22 - Examined Records 1 Recovered Sales 0, Total Recovered:0%

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't see anything like that sort of a report in 2.5.4 - what I see is a screen saying:

Recover Cart Sales (days range)

then a list of green background with Uncontacted ticked, and red background with the date contacted.

I do not see anything that indicates a recovered sale at all. All are red (or green if we didn't try).

So, even though I have the system set to report orders, I don't see any as matched.
    Is anyone else using Recover Cart Sales and can confirm that it is either working as it should (some sort of report on successful recoveries) or not? This should be a useful tool for stores if it is working correctly. I do know that the emails are going out as the odd customer contacts me, and I get copies of all that are sent. (see below for accessing the stats, which I had missed as the Showme book is out of date...)

Looking further into updates, etc. I found this interesting bit back in the archives from 2014 (about the latest Recover Cart Sales) that are automatically included in Announcements (I am seeing abandoned carts, so this may have more to do with osCommerce 2.3.x):

Per Mort-lemur's post here: Modding-Up a new 2.3.3.4 Install - Documented - Page 11 - General Support - osCommerce Support Forum

For 2.3.4, in admin/recover_cart_sales.php you have to change all occurences of 'mysql_num_rows' to 'tep_db_num_rows'. I found 7.

After that it works like a charm.

To test, be sure you go to configuration -> recover cart sales and change Skip Days to 0. After you make the num_rows change, you should see all abandoned carts.

Not a full package, please use the previous package. Only this text and a corrected admin/recover_cart_sales.php file are included.

What is interesting is there are still a number of programs in 2.5.4 that still use mysql_num_rows instead of tep_db_num_rows and I have to wonder if that is worthy of attention by Micheal, etc.? The list of files that still use mysql_num_rows is:

• catalog/admin/recover_cart_sales.php
    • catalog/templates/fallback/content/catalog_products_with_images.tpl.php
    • catalog/sitemap.class.php
    • catalog/includes/functions/database.php
    • catalog/admin/new_attributes_include.php
    • catalog/admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php
    • catalog/admin/new_attributes_functions.php
    • catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php
    • catalog/admin/new_attributes_change.php
    • catalog/admin/new_attributes.php

Looks like this should also go to bug report for Micheal to look over...

The rest of 2.5.4 files all appear to be happy using tep_db_num_rows - I will test the above updates on my localhost system and see if anything breaks...

John :-#)#
    Last edited by JRR; 10-26-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Is Recover Cart Sales working? How can you tell?

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

JRR     $ 180.00

Default Re: Is Recover Cart Sales working? How can you tell?

Well, that was a wild goose chase - sorry, missed the heading admin/reports/Recovered Sales Reports - that gives the stats on how many shopping carts were actually recovered.
    Sorry about that!
    On the other hand the bit about tep_db_num_rows is interesting and I will be exploring that further. I warn you though that do NOT change the two database.php files as the catalog crashes if you do. I did change the other files listed above, and everything still seems to work in localhost mode.