Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!

Thread: The catalog(products) on a another page than the index.php ?

doumawis

Default The catalog(products) on a another page than the index.php ?

I do want to use the index.php page in oscommerce as a homepage : only the search box on it and some advertising

There is a button ( webshop)on my homepage what opens the (new)catalog window ( not index.php anymore)

So i have to make say a new page : webshop.php and place the catalog( produkts) on it

Look for this :at http://www.streetpower.se/catalog/ and choose the button
    webshop:

The problem is how to make this and the tutorial gives no answers seems to me?
    I want to to this also in my site http://www.janzerospec.com/ and get stuck on this vital part
    I try to follow the code on the index.php page but i it is too specialized: i tried to analyse the manufacturers box, because from there i make a selection and the anwers from this comes out the database and is placed on the index.php page ( now it has to be placed on a randompage)

Perhaps that someone has experience with this?

doumawis

red_fraggle

why not gut out the portions of index.php you dont want, and use the tutorial to duplicate index.php as newpage.php or whatever. there are three instances if i remember of index.php in three different directories. If you copy those files in each directory to a file in each directory called newpage.php and add the define in filenames.php you should be able to create a duplicate of index.php under another name.

Course your post doesnt make it clear exactly what your trying to do so this is the best answer icould give.

doumawis

Quote Originally Posted by red_fraggle
    why not gut out the portions of index.php you dont want, and use the tutorial to duplicate index.php as newpage.php or whatever. there are three instances if i remember of index.php in three different directories. If you copy those files in each directory to a file in each directory called newpage.php and add the define in filenames.php you should be able to create a duplicate of index.php under another name.

Course your post doesnt make it clear exactly what your trying to do so this is the best answer icould give.
    Thanks!
    Well your answer seems to me exactly what i want : to create a duplicate of index.php under another name and use the catalog content there.

In the example of the Streetpower website you can go to the catalogus(products=autoparts) via the webshop button and see this what i want to make in my own website too.

Now only to make this " newpage.php" from ... : 3 instances of index.php in 3 directories?: => where located in OScom?
    • top(choose a directoryname)/index.php

• top/admin/index.php

• top/includes/languages/english/index.php

Well if this the 3 index.php pages are? than i can go further and figure this out.

doumawis

doumawis

Well, this is a method to make via 3 instances of the index.php a new index.php page with a another name.
    NOTE: this method is only possible in oscommerce standard( not in osmax)

So to do the same for osmax it get now complicated , because all files are hussled again and i don't know the logic anymore.

A other idea is than( quick and easy) to define a new home.php page( filenames.php) in OSMAC and copy and paste the content of the index.php file to the home.php file

Now for a homepage, it is necessary? to thin out the boxes and erase
    ( no, only for the productspage(=catelog) ? the "what's new" and "specials" boxes
    I do want place a selfmade advertising on the homepage

But perhaps it is a good idea to have a advertising(1) with "what's new"(2)and "specials" (3)boxes on the homescreen?

Note: to erase "what's new" box on the content area( not the side box) of the productspage is tricky: first i ....
    make the what's new page.php non-active by outcommenting it in the filenames.php .....than you get errors .. they ask for the info=> outcomment this-- no new products box on the index.php content aerea

doumawis

doumawis

Well it is still not working yet

doumawis