Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!

Thread: Please Help! Fatal error when viewing products

SarahR

Default Please Help! Fatal error when viewing products

Hi. I am receiving the following error when viewing all products on my website

Warning: require(includes/classes/pad_PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aphrod6/public_html/lingerie/catalog/templates/fallback/content/product_info.tpl.php on line 126

Warning: require(includes/classes/pad_PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aphrod6/public_html/lingerie/catalog/templates/fallback/content/product_info.tpl.php on line 126

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/pad_PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aphrod6/public_html/lingerie/catalog/templates/fallback/content/product_info.tpl.php on line 126

The error is where my product attributes should be listed.

Please help! I believe it is trying to find pad_prodinfo_attribute_plugin.php however this file was not included in the original download of OSCMax, and I don't know where to find it!

Any idea's on how to fix this would be fantastic!

Thank you

jpf

Default Re: Please Help! Fatal error when viewing products

Every file in oscmax is lower case -- so pad_PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN.php has NEVER existed.

When ever YOU_SEE_THINGS_LIKE_THIS mean you deleted a file (or potion of) or a variable in the DB.

In this case it is a value in the DB.

Look for an option in the admin called "Product Info Attribute Display Plugin" - you deleted the value "multiple_dropdowns"(the default)

If you are sure it does not exist -then you deleted the function

in phpmyadmin run this query:

Code:
    insert into configuration values ('589', 'Product Info Attribute Display Plugin', 'PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN', 'multiple_dropdowns', 'The plugin used for displaying attributes on the product information page.', '888001', '1', '2005-09-18 10:18:11', '2005-02-20 14:10:46', NULL, 'tep_cfg_pull_down_class_files(\'pad_\',');

SarahR

Wow! Thank you sooo much! That worked!

Now....i've got another issue.

When i'm logged in to OSCmax Admin, under configuration, product listing, there is nothing.

It comes up as a blank page. There are no options. Also, not all product attributes are showing on the dropdown menu. I'm assuming the values for some may be too long. I currently had it set to the (for lack of better words) bullets that you would click on to select the size.

I know the option to choose your type of menu is in the 'product listing' part, however there is no information on mine.

I'm trying to figure out how to take a screen shot to post, however i'm having issues with that too!

SarahR

Sorry.....i now realize what the problem is.

If my product is out of stock, the dropdown menu is showing blank. It is also not showing any attributes that are out of stock.

For example, if a product has size small through 3XL, and I only have selected attributes in stock, it does not show the attribute values for the out of stock pieces.

Is there a way to fix this???

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I commented out some lines in
    pad_base.php.

Lines 121-124:

PHP Code:
    //      $this->show_out_of_stock    = constant($prefix . 'SHOW_OUT_OF_STOCK');
    //      $this->mark_out_of_stock    = constant($prefix . 'MARK_OUT_OF_STOCK');
    //      $this->out_of_stock_msgline = constant($prefix . 'OUT_OF_STOCK_MSGLINE');
    //      $this->no_add_out_of_stock  = constant($prefix . 'NO_ADD_OUT_OF_STOCK'); 

The reason I commented it out was because with the code left uncommented, I am receiving this error when viewing products:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_SHOW_OUT_OF_STOCK in /home/aphrod6/public_html/lingerie/catalog/includes/classes/pad_base.php on line 121

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_MARK_OUT_OF_STOCK in /home/aphrod6/public_html/lingerie/catalog/includes/classes/pad_base.php on line 122

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_OUT_OF_STOCK_MSGLINE in /home/aphrod6/public_html/lingerie/catalog/includes/classes/pad_base.php on line 123

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_NO_ADD_OUT_OF_STOCK in /home/aphrod6/public_html/lingerie/catalog/includes/classes/pad_base.php on line 124

I'm not sure if commentting those lines out is the proper way to fix the problem (i'm sure it's probley not as i have no idea what i'm doing!)

Any insight?? Thanks again jpf!

jpf

That was because of the above missing variable. Undo your edits.

SarahR

I'm sorry....i don't understand what you mean. Undo which edits?

jpf

As you stated.....
    The reason I commented it out was because with the code left uncommented, I am receiving this error when viewing products:
    Undo all the unnecessary changes and editing you did. All you needed to do was to restore the missing variable in the database that was removed/deleted.