Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!

Thread: new language

anthon

Default new language

My problem is that I am getting error messages since I installed a new language.
    I know you have seen this problem before. I have done a search and saw you had a few with the same question. But what was suggested hasn't help me since I did install it in both shop/admin/includes/languages and in shop/includes/languages. And on the admin. Site I added the language and hit the insert button.
    Here are the errors and the line of code.

[i] Warning: main(includes/languages/dutch/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory inerror: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/dutch/index.php'

Line 33 : require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

thanks
    anthon

makemethis

did you create the files needed in catalog/includes/language/...?

anthon

I uploaded all the files to the correct directory. But what do you mean by create? Are there files that need to be changed? thanks
    anthon

makemethis

two areas files are needed:

catalog/admin/includes/languages
    catalog/includes/languages

in these areas, you will see files for english, spanish, french, and german...
    take one set (example english) from both areas and copy then rename to dutch...
    upload the dutch files...
    take a few minutes to look at the file structure under each language area and i think you will see if you have what you need...

good luck!

anthon

Thanks, I though I had the solution.
    I did already have the area files installed, the dutch one as well. Well then I checked english againt the dutch and I did see a major difference at the very top
    <?php,
    /*
    $Id: english.php

On the dutch file there was no $Id

I added $Id:dutch.php to both files.
    Now I hoped they would work , but I get the same error signs.

The area files you mentioned , they are the separent files outside the folder in each language aren't they? The dutch file was fully translated. I just hope now you mean some other file, because I am lost here now.
    anthon

makemethis

did you sign into admin and add the language under
    Localization - Language

anthon

did that as well.
    anthon

makemethis

i remember that when i put in my second language...i did the admin thing first and then loaded the files...it didn't work...i went back...took the language out of admin...and then put it back in and it worked...worth a quick try

anthon

Just tried that too. Didn't work. Still same messages. And I did refresh my screen.
    I don't know what else to do.
    anthon

anthon

I have been changing all kind of codes, comparing the different languages and now at least I don't get the same errors any more!
    BUT there is now one new one and I still can't open my index . Can someone please help out here?

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/joostsho/public_html/shop/index.php on line 40

here are the lines around line 40

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
    <title><?php echo joostshop; ?></title>
    <base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
    </head>

I can't see what is not closed or open or wronge. That is what the message means doesn't it?

Thanks for being so helpful and patient. One way or the other I am going to get this to work!
    anthon