Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!

Thread: Are these features available?

poppo101

Question Are these features available?

I am looking at replacing my current cart system. I have a few requirements for the replacement. I have looked at the documentation however, I don’t see these features or just haven’t found out how to find them. I need the following features.

1) Real time shipping with the US Postal Service and UPS. I need to be able to charge shipping based upon the actual weight of all the items that are ordered. I only sell one product however it comes in three sizes therefore three different weights. Which leads me to my next requirement. With USPS shipping, I utilize the flat rate priority mail boxes when ever possible. I know the total weight that each size box will handle based on the product size. Therefore I can say for the small box 0-x pounds will fit. For the medium box x-y pounds will fit and for the large box y-z pounds will fit. I also offer parcel post and UPS shipping as well for all weights.

2) I need to setup an option for size. This option needs to adjust the price based upon the size chosen and also the weight of the item.

3) I would also like to be able to assign a minimum order quantity for the item if the customer chooses a non-stock size or color.

Not sure if any cart offers this.

I want to force the minimum quantity based upon what option(s) are selected. I sell one product, scratchpads, that can be printed in several colors with black generally being the default color and come in one base size. I want to be able to force a minimum item quantity if a) the customer picks a size other than the base size or b) pick a color other than the standard color for that particular scratchpad.

Also, I need to be able to change the weight of the product based upon the size selected.

Example -

Scratchpad A normally comes in size small and printed in black ink.

The options are -

Size - small (default) Weight - .10# Price - .35 Minimum Qty - 1
    Size - medium Weight - .20# Price - .75 Minimum Qty - 12
    Size - Large Weight - .50# Price -1.50 Minimum Qty - 6

Color - Black (Default) Minimum Qty - 1
    Color - Red, Blue, Brown, Purple, Green Minimum Qty - 24 if size = small
    Minimum Qty - 12 if size = Medium
    Minimum Qty - 6 if size = large

I don’t want to have to setup a different product for each size and color. I have three sizes and six colors. So therefore I would have eighteen variations for the same item.

4) I also want to be able to set a minimum dollar amount for the order.

5) Coupons

I apologize if any of these functions exist and I just overlooked them in my review of the software.

Thanks,
    Bill

spoofy

Default Re: Are these features available?

Hey,

I have used oscommerce for several years on a very small site and since then for my bigger projects, I have looked at almost every cart there is which is based on PHP. At last I decided to start from scratch on oscommerce and build the cart myself on it and use it. With that being said, oscMax is much more advanced than a lot of other paid carts out there.

Anyhow, now, to answer your questions.

1) I have not done this myself nor have I tested this before. However, there are several mods available to do this and I am sure out of the box it should work. In the even it doesn't you may need to modify it slightly to make it work for you.

2) Options / Variations is possible. Also, price changes based on options is also possible.

3) You won't be able to do this out of the box and I don't think there are any mods available. However, it is possible to do this. Not complex however a bit time consuming.

4) Very easy to do. Also there are few mods available to do this: osCommerce: Minimum Order Amount

5) Several Mods available to do this. oscMAX has this feature installed.

osCMax Development Team

Are these features available?

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

In regard to 3) v2.1 which should be released as alpha shortly - minimum order quanity and price breaks is part of the new version.

Regards,
    pgmarshall

poppo101

Spoofy and pgmarshall,

Thanks for your replies. pgsmarshell, so what you are saying is that with version 2.1 I will be able to set a minimum order quantity based on the options selected. Is this correct?

I have downloaded the current version to play with (when I get a chance) to see what I can do with it. I will be looking for the alpha release of V2.1 to play with it as well. I am planning on setting my testing up in a virtual environment. Do there happen to be any vhd images or vmware appliances availble to do this? If not, I can set them up myself. Just thought that if there was something available, why reinvent the wheel.

Thanks again,

Bill

osCMax Development Team

Are these features available?

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

Thanks for your replies. pgsmarshell, so what you are saying is that with version 2.1 I will be able to set a minimum order quantity based on the options selected. Is this correct?
    You can set Quantity Price Breaks Per Product and minimum order per product. If by options you mean attributes (the ones you select in the drop down on the product screen) then no. The code works at the product level not the attribute level.

If you want to install locally - there are instructions in the wiki here.

Regards,
    pgmarshall