Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USPS Module Update - Update SQL - How???????

amcnally

Default USPS Module Update - Update SQL - How???????

I am trying to update the USPS Module to match the new postal rates and services.

I already had it installed and working a long time ago, and then it stopped working. So, this is the only thing that I believe could be keeping it from working.

I have done everything in the files, but have absolutely no idea how to do the following:

Execute this SQL update if you already have the module installed and are updating:

UPDATE `configuration` SET `set_function` = 'tep_cfg_select_multioption(array(''Global Express'', ''Global Express Non-Doc Rect'', ''Global Express Non-Doc Non-Rect'', ''Express Mail Int'', ''Express Mail Int Flat Rate Env'', ''Priority Mail Int'', ''Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Env'', ''Priority Mail Int Flat Rate Box'', ''First-Class Mail Int''),' WHERE `configuration_key` ='MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES_INTL' LIMIT 1 ;

I would greatly appreciate any assistance I can get on this. I am running mySQL and phpMyAdmin.

The more detailed the explanation, the better. I would bet there are others out there that could benefit from this information as well.

Thanks in advance!!!

bkpie

Default Re: USPS Module Update - Update SQL - How???????

Open phpmyadmin
    In the left column select your database
    Then above that is a little square box that has SQL in it
    Click it
    A query box opens
    Paste the update code in the box
    Click go

To plagerize Member Met00
    So endith the lesson

amcnally

Okay, I did that, but I still do not have it working.

All of my sites have the same error:

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service
    An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.
    If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Does anyone else have this problem? I know there was one post from someone who said that they had moved their site and the response was that the configure.php file might need changed, but this does not fit my case.

My site has been on the same server since we set it up, and USPS used to work. Granted, the original site has never been a busy site, so it is hard to say exactly when the problem started.

I made the assumption that it had to do with the postal changes. Any suggestions???

The two sites that I am currently working on are: apexrg.com and pewterdezigns.com.

They both have the same error.

Thanks!

amcnally

Okay, found a post that mentioned email in the usps.php file, so I opened that file and scowered over it and there is a place to add an email for errors to be sent to. So, I added my email to check errors, and it appears to be an authentication error.

I will call USPS and report back if that doesn't fix it.

Thanks!

amcnally

Okay, I am still not working.

However, I went to the USPS site and found that our installed USPS module still used "RateRequest" and this is now "RateV3Request", which I changed in two places, and then another API statement requires the same change (adding V3).

I am getting the same error from the software (email address in the USPS.php file sends it to you when the software gets an error) that says:

<Error>
    <Number>80040b1a</Number>
    <Description>Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.</Description>
    <Source>UspsCom:oAuth</Source>
    </Error>

I'm really open to ideas here...

amcnally

Okay, you have to put your User ID in both the user and password fields. That got rid of the the authorization error, but now I am getting the following error:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219430</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV3:clsRateV3ValidateCo ntainer;RateEngineV3.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Invalid container type. A valid container type for Express Mail is Flat Rate Envelope.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package><Package ID="1"><Error><Number>-2147219431</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV3:clsRateV3ValidateCo ntainer;RateEngineV3.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Invalid container type. Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope and Flat Rate Box.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package><Package ID="2"><ZipOrigination>47124</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>47119</ZipDestination><Pounds>5</Pounds><Ounces>15</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable><Zone>1, Intra-BMC</Zone><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>6.09</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV3Response>

This would seem to be saying that there is still some discrepancy between the files and their shipping containers.

I'll start trying to pick it apart, but any suggestions or directions on what to do would be appreciated. If I fix it, I will post the fix...until then...it's still broke.

Thanks!

amcnally

Okay...running in circles here!!!

I changed the two references to RateV3 back to Rate, and now it works again.

So, to summarize...in the end...User ID goes in two places, implement the postal module updates for the new postal rates (in the usps.php file and update the SQL database), and make sure USPS has moved you to the production server.

Hope this helps anyone else that has this problem.

I would be curious if there are benefits that we could reap from using V3.

Anyone know anything about it???

Thanks again.

bkpie

Go to this thread and about my 3rd post down I attached the usps.php that I use with updated insurance for international priority. Use a file compare program and see whats diff or uninstall yours upload mine install and see if works. Back up first.

Going Postal
    Last edited by bkpie; 06-15-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: forgot to include thread

slofly

BKpie,
    Thanks so much for all of the hard work.
    I got so lucky to see you just posted today.
    It is a bit more SQL to fix the usps than I expected!
    Last edited by slofly; 07-09-2007 at 06:35 PM.

slofly

Even after the editing in earlier posts it still go the error so I downloaded your usps.php and it works fine!

'An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.
    If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.'

Thank you BK! I offer you some $ for mod help too!
    Last edited by slofly; 07-09-2007 at 05:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast