Full service web hosting, great prices and support. Starts at $1.99/month!

Thread: changing a buy now button to an add to cart button in product list

tanyacollier

Default changing a buy now button to an add to cart button in product list

Hello, I am trying to create a very simple (for the user) order form that customers can select quantities of each item and proceed to checkout in minimum number of clicks.

So far I have updated product listing to include a qty box and now I am trying to change the 'buy it now' to an 'add to cart' button.

What I would really like to do is have customers be able to enter quantity of each item they want and then press one 'add to cart' button and go to checkout, rather than have to add each item to the cart. However I would be happy if I could just change buy it now to add to cart.

If you look at the old website http://www.sycanmeats.com.au/fundraising.htm , it is a very basic calculator & form...we would be happy for it to be as simple as that, just with the functionality oscmax offers. And here is the work in progress Sycan Fundraising : . (nb. although the buttons say 'add to cart' it actually only forwards you to the item)

It would also be great if this 'order form' could be on the main page...but that is another post!

I would really appreciate any help!

met00

Default Re: changing a buy now button to an add to cart button in product list

Are you looking for something like
    Chalk : Discount School Supplies - Discount Education Supplies from Education 4 Kids, Inc.

when you press on the "buy now", it adds it to the cart without going to the products page?

Or are you looking for an "add to cart" with a quantity box?
    (like Blackboard Chalk [CK-1760] - $1.75 - Discount School Supplies - Discount Education Supplies from Education 4 Kids, Inc. : Blackboard Chalk [CK-1760] - $1.75)
    but in the category listing.

tanyacollier

Add to cart with qty in the category listing please

Similar to https://www.colesonline.com.au/webap...s:ShowWebStore
    if you go into any of the categories (sorry for some reason I can't get a url directly into a category), you are given a list where you can simply enter the quantity and click add to cart and it appears in the shopping cart in the right hand column, without being taken to a product page and without being taken to the cart page.

Thank you!

met00

can't get into the store link your provided (need an au post code)

As for what you want to do, it can be done and it's not that hard. I don't know if there is already a mod for it, but if not, it's about a 20 minute hack to /includes/modules/product_listing.php or /includes/modules/product_listing_col.php (depending on which you are using)

tanyacollier

Thank you for replying! I am using /includes/modules/product_listing.php which I replaced with a mod to include the qty box.

I will try to attach the php in a text box.

Could I be cheeky and ask for details of such a mod? I have googled for hours trying to find the answer...perhaps I am searching for the wrong thing...but no luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

osCMax Development Team

changing a buy now button to an add to cart button in product list

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Total Contributions For

pgmarshall     $ 35.00

Smile Re: changing a buy now button to an add to cart button in product list

The best place to look for code is at www.oscommerce.com ...

You could try this one ...

Regards,
    pgmarshall

tanyacollier

Thank you, I will go and have a look around!

I have actually used that mod, whic was great...it added the quantity boxes I wanted, but unfortunately the 'add to cart' is only the image, it still operates as a 'buy it now' button.

My php isn't the greatest, I have tried to copy 'add to cart' from the product info page into my category listing...but end up with errors.