Thread: Has it really been four years!

mikecook

Default Has it really been four years!

So, here I am again.

Yep, looking through my archives it looks likes I first took an interest on oscommerce some four years ago. You'd think by now I'd be a bit of an expert! Alas, I am a noob through and through.

Even after all these years I've never actually put osC into action!

Well this is finally about to change. I have a project that will need an e-commerce solution and as I've always known, osC can do the job.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

...go gentle with me

Mike
    Last edited by mikecook; 09-08-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Total Contributions For

MindTwist     $ 0.00

Default Re: Has it really been four years!

Welcome back then, I had also tested OSC a few times over the last few years, but never got to implement it until a couple months ago.

After checking out the alternatives I had, I gave OSCMAX a try and I am sticking with it. There were quite a few contributions I needed on my installation and OSCMAX saved me quite a bit of time compared to the current plain OSC.

After customizing it a little bit, I am now going on vacation and I hope to open my e-shop when I come back

mikecook

>> Welcome back

Thanks. Things haven't half changed since I've been gone

Although I'm going to install both before I make a final decision, I figured I probably would end up using OsCMax.

Total Contributions For

MindTwist     $ 0.00

Try and compare. I did too, and OSCMAX already came preinstalled with some of the modules I wanted and would have installed myself anyway (and many more), and that saved me a lot of time:

Separate Pricing Per Customer
    Edit Orders
    Purchase Without Account
    Basic Template Structure
    Gift Voucher/Coupons
    Printable Catalog
    Batch Print Center
    Sales/Tax Reporting
    Ultimate SEO URLs

The time I saved integrating everything made me go OSCMAX. If I was to do it today I would probably start with the current development version of OSCMAX instead of 2.0 RC3 from Jan/2007, which is with what I started. I would also have liked trying OSC 3 Alpha, but I needed something finished and stable, and however I end up leaving my shop, it will probably stay that way for a couple of years, so I couldn't wait any more.