PDA

View Full Version : attributes bug in MAX 1.5?

starchild
09-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Hello msasek,

Firstly, thanks for all your hard work. Much appreciated.

I think there's a bug in the admin section - when i go to edit attributes for any product, it jumps to the admin log in screen. I'm sure this isnt mean to happen.

That's all. Thanks again -love your work,

tim :wink:

michael_s
09-13-2003, 07:40 PM
It doesnt do this for me when I did a fresh install from the zip file... Can you provide more detail please, so I can investigate further.

What is your setup - Web Server, php version, etc...

Also, how are you trying to edit attributes? Are you clicking the 'edit atttributes' button on the product listing, or are you doing from the 'Attribute Manager' or are you doing it from the 'Products Attributes' section?

starchild
09-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Ok, if i click on the "edit" button in the attributes manager, it jumps to login. If i click on "edit attributes" button in the catagories / products section, it does the same.

I'm running php Version 4.2.3, apache 2.0.43 and mysql 3.23.53

I also did a fresh install, and am using the default database that came with MAX 1.5.

Cheers, tim

michael_s
09-13-2003, 09:48 PM
Looks like you are losing your session or cookie data. Check your sessions settings. Make sure 'Force cookies' is off, and make sure you have access to the /tmp directory on your server. If not, change the path to a world writable directory that you have access to and see if that helps.

I can't reproduce the error, so you will have to troubleshoot this from your end...

starchild
09-13-2003, 09:50 PM
thx, will give it a try.

starchild
09-14-2003, 06:10 AM
hi again msasek,

well i checked my sessions settings, and force cookies is set to false. At the moment, i am only working off my localhost, so i'm not sure how to change the CHMOD settings there - or if you can at all. When i click on properties for my web directory (localhost directory) it comes up as read only, and wont let me change these settings. I'm a bit lost and confused at the moment.

Is it something to do with the htaccess file?

In my configure file, store sessions is set to 'mysql' - if i leave it blank, admin doesnt show up at all - just a blank screen.
Any suggestions?

tim

starchild
09-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Still no luck - anyone any ideas? :?

michael_s
09-16-2003, 11:04 PM
I suggest updating your PHP version. 4.2.3 is downright ancient, and may be the source of the problem.

Try apache2triad here: http://apache2triad.org/

It is SUPER easy to install, and runs the most current software. I use it for development on my XP's and it is a cool package.

starchild
09-16-2003, 11:45 PM
will try- thanks a lot.

Anonymous
09-19-2003, 06:14 PM
I am having the same trouble.

I am using winxp pro iis and mysql 4 and php 4 has anyone fixed this problem?

Anonymous
09-20-2003, 03:57 AM
howdy all

i downloaded apache2triad: 37 meg!!!...only to find it a bit confusing to install actually, as my localhost wouldnt work, and i couldn't figure out how to configure it. So i uninstalled it, and went back to my original set up. i'm just doing the attribute stuff on my remote server - not a huge pain, but a pain none the less.

starchild
09-20-2003, 04:17 AM
sorry - the guest is me. tim

bgarts
12-19-2003, 01:57 PM
I am also having this problem. Windows 2000 server running PHP 4.3.1. I have the stock version of OSCommerce running on another website and not having trouble.

It happens through Attribute Manager and through the "Edit Attributes" under Categories/Products. Product Attributes works ok, but I never liked how that page was designed.

I am also going to try this on the production server and see if it goes away.

fifthcolumn
04-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi everybody, congrats on a great release, It certainly helps to further the cause of ecommerce and I hope to become highly involved with Open Source now I have discovered it.

To add to this post, I too have been having this problem. I am running:

Win2k SP4
MySQL 4.0.16
PHP Version 4.3.1

The force cookies is set to false, the temp directory is writable.

I have also tried this on a Netscape browser just in case it was an IE problem, but its just the same.

I have tried many many configuration settings, all to no avail.

However, I did find a short term workaround which may help someone more skilled than I to work out what the actual problem is, here's hoping anyway....

1. If you open Admin/Includes/application_top.php and find the two blocks of code:

//Admin begin
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'password_funcs.php');
//Admin end

and

//Admin begin
if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_LOGIN && basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_PASSWORD_FORGOTTEN) {
tep_admin_check_login();
}
//Admin end

and you take them out temporarily, upload the file to the server, and go directly to www.yourdomain.com/admin/new_attributes.php it is working although your left navigation bar with all the links in it has dissapeared.

This also leaves your admin section open to anyone so is not a good solution.

2. The next natural step is to reverse the deletions above and put the //Admin code BACK IN, reupload the application_top.php file, and the very next click you make in www.yourdomain.com/admin/ (providing you are in the very same browser session as step1) , it will bring you to the login page (because the request login function is back in all your admin page), whereupon you can login as normal and still, everything is working, i.e. if you try to use attribute manager it lets you, if you try to use the edit attributes button next to a product it lets you. Hurrah you think, its fixed....

3. The only problem then, is when you close down your browser, open up a new browser, and go back to the admin panel, you go back to square 1, i.e. being forwarded to the login page EVERY time you click to use attribute manager, no matter what you do, its drivin me nuts :-)

I hope this helps someone track it down, if you would like to msasek you can message me and i will allow you access to this setup so you can try to see whats going wrong.

Ben.

fifthcolumn
04-18-2004, 06:10 PM
FURTHER: The same problem seems to affect the Easy Populate Function, with the same workaround working, so hopefully any cure will also cure that.

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

jpf
04-19-2004, 05:18 AM
Just a though ... in MS2-MAX did you setup your login user name to be able to access new_attributes.php in the ADMIN level access?

Anonymous
04-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Hi there, thanks for replying and yes i did, i was under the impression though that whatever users you set, the Top Administrator's permissions cannot be changed so therefore should be able to access the new_attributes.php always.

I have also tried this on a stock install, so i am guessing is some sort of problem associated with windows servers, thats usually the case when i have problems!

Anonymous
04-28-2004, 09:42 AM
I also got the "edit attributes" bug,
when clicking the attributes option in the admin menu, i get an option to select a product to edit, but there is no product there to edit.
properties work fine, but if i try to edit a product from categories directly (edit attributes), it tells me:
"Edit Attributes -> Something isn't right"
hoped this helps you solve this bug....

altenter
04-28-2004, 09:54 AM
that guest is me :)
and i am running php 4.34, apache 1.3.29 on winxp sp1a

Anonymous
05-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi all, Ben here again, I have definately sorted this on my server by upgrading PHP to the latest current stable version 4.3.6, the minute I upgraded, all problems stopped. Hurrah!