PDA

View Full Version : how do I add product attributes to easy populate

crujones
09-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I want options for colors , Size etc but i want to use easy populate to populate the DB, my tired eyes can't reckognize where I do this

michael_s
09-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Easy populate does not have the ability to add attributes.

crujones
09-12-2003, 11:52 PM
My site is for custom design t- shirts and I need to put dropdowns on almost all the products, Is there any way to do this without going through each and every one,,,,,, Any advice on how I could make this work

Anonymous
11-21-2003, 05:56 AM
VJ has done a lot of work on adding attributes to EasyPopulate. Nothing is impossible any more!!!

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=64945

red_fraggle
03-05-2004, 02:47 AM
ok, help me here,

We got a bookshop, that sells books as pdf, mp3, hard cover and softcover.

all of these are options, as checkboxes actually through a mod and multiple checkboxes accepted as they might want the download of the pdf and the softcover sent, but if they dont select an option at all we end up with orders for zero dollars and we need to know if there is a way to REQUIRE at least one option before they can check out?

like this Product price 0.00
pdf version 1.95
mp3 version 6.95
softcover 14.95
hardcover 21.95
since they are check boxes so they can buy multiple formats, if they uncheck all boxes the book costs nothing and we get an empty order. is there a way to require at least one check box to continue to checkout?

Cliff....

michael_s
03-05-2004, 07:31 AM
red_fraggle, make the default product one of the above options, then remove that one from the checkboxes.

Example:

Actual product - Softcover $14.95
Then add all checkboxes except soft cover.

Now you will get a min order of softcover and still have your options.

red_fraggle
03-05-2004, 10:49 AM
cant do theat as they need to have the ability to "not get" the softcover ;)

needed the min order module so i could have books with cost of 0.00 and have the four options add a price. this allows them to not check out uinless they choose at least one option. but it remains there choice which of the four that option is!

Cliff....