PDA

View Full Version : Featured Products

michael_s
07-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Featured Products 1.5.9 Updated

These instructions were modified by Bill Kellum (bkellum) to assist STS users to install the Featured Products 1.5.9 contribution.

If you do not use STS (Simple Template System), then you can still use these simple instructions to install the Featured Products contribution but should discard steps 15, 15.1 and 15.2.

For those who prefer to make code modifications using a file comparison program, I have included all of the files (both new and modified) in this package. Manual code modifications have been updated as well in very simple to follow steps.

Credit goes to all those before who have contributed to this wonderful contribution.

Support links provided in text.

This is a full package other than some language files not provided; however, all previous language edits have been included.

More... (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,651)

adamr415
07-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the work on this but I have a few questions. Under step 5, it references inserting a line of code that would no longer work with OSCMax, as that method has been commented out for a different style. The same goes for step #14. <br>

The other item might just be my mistake, but I thought OSCmax used the STS, but the STS instructions refer to files not in OSCmax.

Thanks

michael_s
07-24-2007, 12:24 PM
This mod is not for osCMax. See the forum header = New osCommerce contributions.

Also, osCMax does not use STS. It uses BTS

adamr415
07-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Sorry about that. I have a client who is requesting a feature like this. I don't mind doing some kind of workaround, i.e. editing the sql request for new products. But what would be a good way of flagging the products I want to be featured. Any other ways you could think of doing it without going through the process of new infoboxes?