PDA

View Full Version : How to change product listing to Rows??

rzasa
09-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Hello,
I have installed OSC MS2.2 and now AABox version too (which is great BTW) but can't seem to find how to change the product listing (After choosing the category) to be in rows.
I have seen this at several stores and it lists one item on one row and then the next item on the next row with usually a light blue background colour. e.g. http://www.thebeststoreintheworld.com/ie/index.htm

How is this done? Is it a setting in Admin, a contrib or hack?

Please help, I am going crazy here. :cry:

Thanks in advance.

Artur

michael_s
09-09-2003, 10:10 PM
The vanilla MS2 lists products the way you describe. MS2-MAX has a mod installed that puts the product listing in multiple columns.

rzasa
09-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the info, I must not have had the plain 2.2 installed. :?

Is it hard to revert back to the original format in the OSdox MAX version?

Just would prefer the row by row layout as there won't be pictures for the items in a store I am trying to setp for someone so would look better.

If it's a contrib I should be able to download it and try and undo what was changed yes?

Thanks again

Artur

michael_s
09-10-2003, 04:06 PM
The contribution is included in a zip file in the MS2-MAX zip, just unzip it and you should be able to remove it without too much trouble. One caution though, it is not installed 100% according to the docs. We had to tweak the install to work with BTS templates...

annea03
09-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi msasek - I have an additional question about the product listing. I have been trying to add some fields of information. I wanted to add quantity and weight. I made the changes in admin/configuration. There was no change to the product listing page. Is this because of the contribution?

THANKS
Anne

rzasa
09-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks will have a look for it.

Have a great day/night!

:D

Artur

cocoa
10-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Hello,
I prefer the original product listing because of ability to sort product by displayed columns, so I think it is much better solution.

michael_s
10-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Depends on how you want your products displayed, and how it fits into your site design. You are free to change it back cocoa,. The original files are still included in MS2-MAX, so it is simple filename switch to get the old style function back. That is the beauty of osCommerce and MS2-MAX, easily customized...

michael_s
10-01-2003, 05:11 PM
annea03, yes the contribution would need to be modified to include those extra fields.

thetraveller
10-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi:

I have the same situation with the store that I am working on. The client wants the products listed in the categories to be in rows rather than the current displayed format.

Which file(s) do I need to change the file names on to make this happen?

Thanks,

Iain

michael_s
10-06-2003, 11:58 PM
Read:
http://oscdox.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1241&high light=product+columns

thetraveller
10-07-2003, 08:20 AM
msasek:

Thanks for the quick reply.

The Traveller