PDA

View Full Version : [MS2-MAX UPDATE] Version 1.5 Released and Ready for Download

michael_s
09-08-2003, 12:17 AM
UPDATE 9-8-03

Hello,

MS2-MAX v1.5 is scheduled to be released later this week. This release incorporates all the bugfixes applied to 1.0 plus adds a lot more features and functions.

I am working on an update package for those that do not want to do a full installation, as well as the full install. Once that is finished, v1.5 will be released.

Here is a list of the new included mods in MS2-MAX v1.5:

New Attribute Manager v4b - Mike Graves
Download Controller 5.3 - Linda McGrath
Printable Catalog 3.0 - Tom St. Croix
Down For Maintenance 1.1b - Linda McGrath
Category Box Enhancement v1.1 with cache fix - Nils Peterson
Fed X Real Time Quotes 2.01 - Steve Fatula
Authorize Net Consolodated for AIM 1.2 - Austin Renfroe
Affiliate BTS integration - Lango, Propioweb
Separate Pricing Per Customer - James Warner, Scott Everson
Individual Shipping per Product - dm. Gremlim, Farrukh Saeed

In addition, most of the original mods are still there. A few have been upgraded or replaced with newer versions. After release, I will update this post with the complete features list.

UPDATE 9-10-03
All the above mods have been installed and tested in our development shop except for Separate Pricing Per Customer, and things are working well. I should have that final mod installed tomorrow and should have a full release available late Friday. The update package will not be available until Sunday or Monday.

UPDATE 9-13-03
MS2-MAX v1.5 is now available for download. All the above mods have been installed and tested for major problems. I am sure there will be a few issues with the new release, as some of the mods were quite extensive. You can download the new release here:

MS2-MAX v1.5 (http://aabox.com/ms2-max.html)

fragzilla
09-09-2003, 10:31 AM
cant wait to try it out

Just started using oscommerce, Wish I found yall before I did plain
old install. :roll:

Excellent job
Ill be waiting for that new update

jgkiefer
09-10-2003, 11:15 AM
It would really be nice to add the hidden product mod so we can easily add special orders.

jgkiefer
09-10-2003, 11:18 AM
I almost forgot...
MS2-MAX v1.5 - WOW! I am sure it will be a great update for a terrific OSC bundle! Can't wait!

michael_s
09-10-2003, 11:24 PM
jgkiefer, can you give me a link to the 'hidden product' contribution? Thanks...

jgkiefer
09-11-2003, 06:05 AM
jgkiefer, can you give me a link to the 'hidden product' contribution? Thanks...
Sure. I don't think it is for 2.2 yet though.
Hidden Products v1.0
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1053

Big Images has been released for 2.2. This will enable you to use two product images. A small one for the thumbnail and a bigger one for the popup. Seems only logical and should be incorperated with the default install of OSC... IMOP.
Here is the link to take a look:
Big Images
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,614

michael_s
09-11-2003, 07:18 AM
For the pics: Dynamic Mo-Pics is already installed on MS2-MAX and has this function already, plus it allows many pics per product.

I will look at the Hidden Products ...

Anonymous
09-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Looking forward to downloading MS2-MAX v1.5! Thanks for your hard work! Are you still on track to making it available this weekend?

michael_s
09-12-2003, 11:01 PM
I have hit a little snag with the separate pricing per customer mod. I should have it sorted out, but of course, it is taking a little longer than I thought. The only 2 things not working are the 'Specials' page and the 'Edit Specials' in the admin.

Look for it this weekend, hopefully sooner than later. You can be sure, as soon as everything is working, I will post it for download.

bushman
09-13-2003, 10:10 AM
hey am I too late?

what about attribute sorter copier? will that be included in the new full release if not can I know why amd if so...when?

thanx

Anonymous
09-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Can you include Quantity Tracking Professional (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,888) into the MAX?

Also, is the price break on volume (a key feature of Linda's SEC) included in the current version of MAX?

Thanks.

Wendy

michael_s
09-13-2003, 03:16 PM
If you want to know what is included in the MS2-MAX v1.5 read this:
http://oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid= 10&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

or read the download page:

http://aabox.com/ms2-max.html

Next, I have started a feature request thread here:
http://oscdox.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1062

Post all feature requests for future releases of MS2-MAX there.

Anonymous
01-24-2004, 01:26 AM
Nice setup but I have actually an MS1 with more contribs than this. I think you should add at least another 20 contribs before this can be considered a full MAX package. There are a lot of things I dont see here like margin report, polls, infobox admin, dynamic information pages, forums, help desk, live support, featured products, wishlist, search stats, user tracking, unsold carts, testimonials, PDF catalog, monthly sales report, sales report (this is not monthly), enhanced low stock report, Giftwrap on checkout, COD fee, Cash on Pickup(great for B&M retailers), restore orders, Manual Orders, Enhanced Newsletter, Exchange Links, Auction Manager, RMA system, Reviews in Product Info, Shop by Price, Site Map and I think I have some other things too but I cant remember everything. I have also some custom changes too.

I also have all the contribs installed and running that are inside Max.

Please add these contribs and then name it MAX. Otherwise, I have the real MAX system.

michael_s
01-24-2004, 06:10 AM
Guest, no you dont! I named it first ;) And since yours is based on MS1, I would hardly call that MAX! MS1 is a far cry from MS2 base package.

Also, since you are not sharing it with anyone, you can't really call it anything, I guess you can, but nobody really cares since they can't download and use it...

How about helping out and updating a few for those MS1 mods for MS2-MAX? I would be happy to add them, but I only picked the popular/requested mods to go into MAX.

Finally, the list of mods in the top post are only NEW to 1.5 and do not count all the mods that came in 1.0, 1.2, 1.4. In all there are over 30 included in MAX 1.5.5

Anonymous
01-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Actually I do share my version. I will be setting up a site soon for it as well my code base is actually from a CVS 2 months prior to MS2. I can get any MS2 mod to work or MS1. You can keep the name max since I have a good name already. I dont want to make any official announcements until I have a couple things worked out. My version wont be for everyone though since it has some things altered.

I am just waiting to finish off some work on BTS for my site..once I have that working then it will be awesome.

If I were you I would at least get going on the reports on admin side. Most are easy installs and work well. RMA and Manual Orders is also VERY helpful but not so easy to install as the contrib is wrought with problems to work out. Giftwrap is easy. Some of the mods I mentioned I have created myself or at least altered a poorly written one.

See ya later.