PDA

View Full Version : import products and categories only

jloyzaga
09-03-2003, 10:50 PM
is there a way to import my products and catalog only and I can fill in the rest manually - how would I go about it?

Joe

neil
09-04-2003, 04:48 AM
Easy Populate - in the contribution directory included in the download.

jloyzaga
09-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Easy Populate - in the contribution directory included in the download.That would assume I have Easy Populate on my existing site

neil
09-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Easy Populate is one of the many mods included in AAbox osC MS2-MAX.
(This area is for discussing AAbox osC MS2-MAX) :)

michael_s
09-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Yes, if you are not using MS2-MAX, this is not the appropriate forum for your post.

If you are discussing MS2-MAX, easypopulate comes pre-installed.

ChanBe
09-05-2003, 12:19 AM
What does the easypopulat do?

ChanBe
09-05-2003, 04:25 AM
Easy Populate - in the contribution directory included in the download.That would assume I have Easy Populate on my existing site

I think that he/she mean that the existing page where she/he wants to take the produkts/categories from must have easy populat..

I have an exisisting shop at www.chanbe.com that has no mods or anything (plain oscomerse) and now I have downloaded the max and it would have been so cool if I could could take categories and produkts over to the new shop without having to do it all ones again by hand.. If you know what I meen..

michael_s
09-05-2003, 11:17 AM
You can do that too, but you need to understand mysql and data structures to do it, since the database has different structure in MS2-MAX.

I have moved about a dozen older sites into MS2-MAX, and it is do-able, although not recommended for the beginner, or someone with little technical knowledge...