PDA

View Full Version : taboo topic?

bushman
09-02-2003, 04:46 AM
Will you guys tell me where the meta-tag controller is?
Its an innocent question right?

I left a message on this forum about it last night so I can edit the keywords etc.

Got a reply notification this morning and when I went to look at it the topic was deleted without explanation!

What happened? Who knew that meta-tags was such a taboo topic?

bushman
09-02-2003, 04:50 AM
oh ok...I read about the database trouble.

it wasn't a taboo topic.

sorry

michael_s
09-02-2003, 10:36 AM
Sorry bout that. I took the time to answer that post too!

Look in the /includes/meta_tags.php file. That is the file that constructs the tags...

bushman
09-02-2003, 03:03 PM
ok...this is the problem. I see that the meta-tags php file constructs tags automatically taken from categories list.

But a lot of search engines will not accept my site in their database unless each keyword is seperated by a comma.

Weird, but this means that I would have to go into "edit categories" in admin and put a comma behind the names of each category so this is reflected in the meta-tags?

I don't mind but if you have another solution I'd like to hear it.

michael_s
09-02-2003, 03:25 PM
I think you will need to edit the meta_tags.php file to put the comma in between the categories. I do not have a how to, and will have to look closer at it. I hadn't noticed the lack of commas. :roll:

michael_s
09-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Ok, this is easy. To get a comma separated list edit this line in meta_tags.php:

Line number 47

$mt_keywords_string .= $mt_categories['categories_name'] . ' ';

To look like this:

$mt_keywords_string .= $mt_categories['categories_name'] . ',';

Just add your comma between the single quotes, and it will output a comma separated list of keywords. :)

bushman
09-03-2003, 03:21 PM
ok it works...now to other issues...

:)