PDA

View Full Version : Admin Problems

jgkiefer
08-14-2003, 04:30 PM
I seem to be having problems logging into admin. The system will not let me login with the default access codes. Then when I go to "forgot password" and fill in the Fields nothing happens either. I am able to access admin from the forgotten password screen using the admin link at the top next to the help links. I tried to add a new administrator but that didn't seem to work and I do not know where the password is supposed to be entered when adding a new account.
I am confused with this admin login mod. I would really appreciate someone explaining how to use it. I feel like such a newbie.

michael_s
08-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Are you using:

admin@localhost.com

password : admin

If you are and it is not working, check to make sure you have write access to the /tmp directory on your server, or that there is even a /dir on your server. It looks like a sessions problem to me.

Do you have a link I can look at?

Finally, what version of PHP are you running?

Anonymous
08-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Are you using:

admin@localhost.com

password : admin

If you are and it is not working, check to make sure you have write access to the /tmp directory on your server, or that there is even a /dir on your server. It looks like a sessions problem to me.

Do you have a link I can look at?

Finally, what version of PHP are you running?

Yes...
admin@localhost.com
admin

I see no tmp directory under the MS2-max installation.

I am running php 4.3.1
MySQL 4.0.14 standard

It is a new installation. I have not reset any premissions they are still the same as setup.

Here are the urls -

http://kiesys.com/MS2MAX/admin/

http://kiesys.com/MS2MAX/index.php

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks-

Anonymous
08-14-2003, 05:42 PM
I see that a directory named temp is in the package but my ftp client did not upload it. I will add it and chmod to 777 and see what happens.

Anonymous
08-14-2003, 05:48 PM
I added the temp directory with 777 and that did not do anything. I added a directory name tmp w/777 as stated in the post and still nada. Does the temp directory have to exist before install?

michael_s
08-14-2003, 08:21 PM
No,

by default I setup sessions in the admin to use the standard root /tmp dir that PHP usually uses. That way it would work on any standard PHP installation.

!
Update, I just went to the above URL and I am able to login and logut at will with absolutely no trouble at all... ? Cant reproduce your trouble at all...???

Hey, chmod your public_html to 777 temporarily. I need to fix something that I just screwed up on your site... :)

michael_s
08-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Or ICQ me...

michael_s
08-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey, it looks like you fixed the trouble :)

I was trying to fix your sessions path, and I got it wrong, and since I have no access to your server, couldnt fix the mistake.

You should create a temp dir on this path:

/home/kiesysc/tmp

Chmod it 777 , then change the sessions path in the admin to:
/home/kiesysc/tmp

That will put the sessions dir on your account, and not web accessable.

I am not sure why you cant login . Perhaps your browser settings will not allow cookies?

Anonymous
08-14-2003, 10:13 PM
I set the sessions to database instead of the tmp. I had a long hard look at the setup. I am very used to osCommerce and have been working with the Shoppe Enhancement Controller bundle (which only works with an old version of OSC). So I am not used to the new install interface of osc 2.2. Sometimes I make things harder than they really are. :oops:

Anyway I isolated the admin login problem. Seems that if I do not logout on the admin panel and just close the browser I can't login the next time I want to access the admin. So I must remember to logout or I am stuck. Unless there is something I am missing (which is usually the case) this may be a problem. I am sure there is a simple solution.

I think the MAX bundle is outstanding. And I, for one, appreciate all the work you have put into this. I hope to contribute to this project somehow. I am not a coder but I know my way around OSC and maybe some user feedback will be helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to look into my problem.

Anonymous
08-16-2003, 06:00 AM
As a follow up to this post...
I have discovered that to login to admin I must take the session string out of my browsers url address box in order to be able to login. Here is an example.
Change:
http://yoursite.com/admin/login.php?osCAdminID=76f82dfd74cb5482d495bdece8efe 5e7
To:
http://yoursite.com/admin/login.php
(I actually have to enter my password and hit confirm twice)
As I am sure that this is in my Browsers settings somewhere. Since I use XP with Internet Explorer 6 others may have the same problem. I just thought I would share my solution. If anyone knows of a browser fix for this please let me know.

Anonymous
08-16-2003, 08:11 AM
I tried to edit the pass before, then I was locked out of the admin.

How do I change it from admin@localhost.com:admin to what I want?

michael_s
08-16-2003, 09:26 AM
Hey, to update, there was a small bug in Admin 2.1 that was corrected by xtreemsurf.

In /admin/login.php Repalace this :

<?php echo tep_draw_form('login', 'login.php?action=process'); ?>

With this:

<?php echo tep_draw_form('login', FILENAME_LOGIN, 'action=process'); ?>

We have incorporated this fix into the attached file (login.php) , so you can just drop it into the admin directory. :)

NOTE: You do not need this if you have downloaded MS2-MAX after 8/14/06

jgkiefer
08-16-2003, 01:58 PM
Thanks... that did it.
For a while there I thought it was just me. :shock:

Anonymous
08-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Well here we go
I have installed it this morning and everything went ok
I created a new superadmin but i did not know i would receive my password by email and founded very strange that i could not create or edit a password
So i uninstalled everything and reinstalled 4-5 times (delete database and all files and start from scratch)
Since then on a fresh install i cannot access the admin
with user: admin@localhost and pss: admin i get "ERROR: Wrong username or password!"

regards

jgkiefer
08-16-2003, 02:47 PM
I also think the admin mod needs to be developed more before it is included in this package.

michael_s
08-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Ok, I need specifics here. I have not been able to reproduce any of these problems since the last fix.

1. I can edit the default Admin account by clicking 'My Account' in the admin. I am able to change the default First, Last name, email and password manually, with no trouble at all. I save my changes, then I click the 'Logout' button. This takes me back to the Login Page, and I enter the new login email and password that I just set, and can login without any problems.

2. Next, I create a new Admin account. I add a new email address, First and last name, click the create button. An email is dispatched with the login link and random email. I log out of the admin, then relogin with the info sent in the email. Works perfectly. It takes me immediately to the 'Change Password' screen when I click a link in the admin. I then change the password, logout and relogin using the new password I just changed. Again, works perfectly.

I am not sure what the trouble is, because I have created about a dozen new accounts, and all the logins work perfectly. If you create a new account, it will email the password to you. Where is it failing? Are you not getting the email with the password?

jgkiefer
08-16-2003, 05:20 PM
I have had no problem creating accounts, or with the emailing of account information. I am embarrassed to admit that I never knew where to change the passwords until you pointed it out. Now I don't know how I missed it. Maybe a blurb about the passwords being in My Account during the account setup would be helpful. The problems I have had are with sessions. They almost all cleared up when I installed the patch. I have sporadic login problems but deleting the old session string in the access url clears it up. I believe this is in my browser.

Sorry I could not be more helpful. With everyone using different systems and system settings there are bound to be little quirks here and there. I think you did a really terrific job with this bundle. It's the best yet!

michael_s
08-16-2003, 08:46 PM
I will add a note to the readme, and also in the welcome screen in the next release, telling how to change passwords.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. There are some session problems in MS2 regarding shared ssl. Actually it is probably not MS2, but rather a configuration glitch. I still dont have a full understanding of how it handles shared ssl (switching to a different secure domain). I think I am just getting the settings wrong, but I havent had enough time to trial and error my way through it...

jgkiefer
08-16-2003, 09:00 PM
I really like the bundle you have put together. Now that 2.2 is out I think more of us are willing to put in some time to get things ironed out knowing that the core will not change much for a while (famous last words). I am going to be working exclusively with your release of MAX as it has all the features I am looking for (almost). I just installed it yesterday and already have almost finished customizing the interface. I will post on these forums anything that I feel may help MAX along.

I have been working with OSC long enough to understand how much work is involved with putting together a bundle like this. I only know of two others (SEC and Loaded) and this one is the best... at least IMOP. :o

(BTW... the PN forum here refuses to automatically log me in. So please forgive me if my posts list me as a guest.)

smudley
08-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Well here we go
I have installed it this morning and everything went ok
I created a new superadmin but i did not know i would receive my password by email and founded very strange that i could not create or edit a password
So i uninstalled everything and reinstalled 4-5 times (delete database and all files and start from scratch)
Since then on a fresh install i cannot access the admin
with user: admin@localhost and pss: admin i get "ERROR: Wrong username or password!"

regards

I downloaded it today, (8.19.03), and got the same thing.
I deleted the 1 record in the Admin table and inserted the one from admin_table.sql

INSERT INTO admin VALUES (1, 1, 'AdminFirstname', 'AdminLastname', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', now(), '0000-00-00 00:00:00', null, 0);

Viola! She's a livin' once again!

Hope that helps! :mrgreen:

Smudley

judoka
08-19-2003, 08:11 PM
Hi Michael,
How's it going today? :D I just downloaded the new MS2-Max and installed in on my local machine. And I just got to tell you and everyone else that has worked on this project congradulation on a job well done. This is by far the best OSC that I have seen to date. :D :D
So far I have only found one small minor bug in the Admin. under the "Catalog" section. When I go to the Categories / Products section, I do not get the status green and red activation buttons for the categories and sub-categories. I do have them for the products themselves but not the categories and sub-categories. Can you tell me where I can go to fix this problem? :)
Thanks Michael,
Jose :D

michael_s
08-19-2003, 08:53 PM
This is not a bug, this was actually removed from osCommerce a long time ago by the development team, as it really slowed down the shop. I believe there is a contribution out there to add it back in, but it is not a standard feature in MS2 or MS2-MAX.

judoka
08-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Hi Michael,
My bad, sorry about that I don't know what I was thinking. For some reason I thought that I saw those status button on the ms2 admin of the pre-release you install on my live site. :oops: sorry :lol: