PDA

View Full Version : AABox osC MS2-MAX 1.0 released and ready for download!

michael_s
08-13-2003, 12:25 PM
The new MS2-Max version of oscommerce, developed by AABox is available for download.

Get it here:
http://aabox.com/ms2-max.html

Also take a look at the contributions added to MS2:

BTS 1.0 Basic Template System :: This moves the design code out of the core files for easier editing.
OSC-Affiliate 1.09 :: Manage your own affiliate program with this full featured mod.
Admin Access Levels 2.1 :: A permissions level login to assign different admin privileges to different users.
Meta Tag Controller :: Control the meta tags on every page of oscommerce
Gift Voucher 5.05 + WYSIWYG Editor :: Offer gift vouchers that can be purchased and used during checkout.
Edit Orders 1.2a :: Allows you to manually edit all aspects of customers orders through the admin.
Specials :: Special offers available on the main page by default.
X-Sell MS2 :: Cross sell module + Admin to specify products to display as an upsell on your products pages.
Column Product Listing - Multiple column display for your product pages
Categories Descriptions MS2 :: Allows you to add descriptions to your category pages, much like the product pages.
Easy Populate 2.6.1 MS2 :: Allows a fast easy way to quick upload large quantities of product data to your online database. Quckly enter thousands of products using this tool.
Define Mainpage Mod :: Edit the main catalog page content easily from the web based admin panel.
WYSIWYG HTML Editor for the ADMIN 1.7 :: Added WYSIWYG editor to all the input fields. Now you can easily add html visually to all your products and emails.
Discount Coupons 5.05 :: Offer coupons to be used during checkout
Paypal IPN Module 0.98 :: Use PayPal IPN to keep track of your sales
Category Box Bullets :: Easily customize these bullet graphics that have been added to the category listing.
All Products Page :: A master page that lists every product in your catalog on one page and links to all of them. Search engine spider friendly. Get all your pages indexed.
UPS Choice 1.8 :: Custom UPS Shipping module that allows you to choose the type of UPS service you offer.
USPS Methods 2.5 :: USPS Shipping, allowing you to choose the type of delivery service you will offer to your customers.
Fed-X 1.11 MS2 :: Full featured FedX shipping module.
Dynamic Mo Pics :: Allows more than one image per product to be dynamically added to your product pages.
Multiple Payment Modules :: In addition to the standard modules included, we have already installed the following extra payment modules for you: EFSnet, GeoTrust, SkipJack, PayBox

There is a lot planned to be added in the future, but this is a pretty good start.

This forum is to discuss all aspects of the MS2-MAX version.

Thanks,

Michael Sasek

Anonymous
08-14-2003, 10:16 AM
for some reason i can't download
it says
Sorry!
Hotlinking this file is not allowed.
any ideas? :?:

michael_s
08-14-2003, 10:31 AM
I have had a couple of reports about this, and it looks like it is the newest verision of IE that is causing the trouble. I am looking into a fix for this, but try using another browser, like netscape or opera.

This is only a problem on specific versions if IE, what is the version you are using? I am trying to compile data on this.

Anonymous
08-14-2003, 10:47 AM
A couple of contribs you may be interested in adding: The "User Tracking with Admin 1.35" and "visitors_v1.6c". And if you can get Autologon working, fantastic, I know of no-one to successfully get this working because of various cookie probs. If you want me to do the updates and send you back the revised download, I'm happy as I'm gonna add these to my setup anyway.

Let me know, I will check forum tommorow

Thanks,

L.

Anonymous
08-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Excellent work by the way! bet it took ages to get those working, I've taken all afternoon to install half a dozen of the contribs!

L.

michael_s
08-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Those 2 mods are already on the list :) If you want to do it, go ahead, and just send me a zip of the modded files. You can attach them to a post here on the board. :)

ldavies_83
08-15-2003, 01:38 AM
I've installed the contribs to the base install. However I could make much sense of your last post, despite looking at it a couple of times, no offense :? . It seemed to say that you already had those contribs installed. However, they were not, I'm almost ready to send back the updated zip with the mods, just wanna remove my db password/settings, then its all done!

Thanks for all that hard work again!

michael_s
08-15-2003, 08:04 AM
Sorry,

I meant they are on the list to be included in the next release, but they had not been installed yet.

When you upload a zip of your changes, just send the changed files, not the entire zip. Thanks :)

Anonymous
08-17-2003, 12:48 PM
sorry... im new to oscommerce and php.. is there a possibility of being able to upgrade my new install of oscommerce with the mx2 max pack?

Thanks!
Jonathon

michael_s
08-17-2003, 01:53 PM
MS2-MAX is a FULL installation of osCommerce, so it would completely replace your existing store. It changes how files are structured, and where you edit the look.

It moves the formatting to a templates dir.

This will undo all the cosmetic changes you have made. My recommendation is to make a separate install of MS2-MAX and update it from there.

Anonymous
08-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Msasek-

I'm new to this whole php stuff. =) I'm currently running a XP Pro box. Is there anyway I can see the changes I've make on the local machine before uploading it to an apache server?

Appreciate your help!
Jonathon!

michael_s
08-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Jonathon, you sure can.

Download apache2triad from here: http://www.apache2triad.org/

Then run the installer. It will auto install apache, php, mysql on your XP box. Then you will be able to run osCommerce on your local machine to test. :)

Anonymous
08-19-2003, 01:46 AM
Does MS2 MAX include the 'SID Killer'? or os that already in MS2 default?

michael_s
08-19-2003, 01:59 AM
MS2 handles this by default, so it is no longer needed.

Anonymous
08-19-2003, 07:19 AM
I just downloaded and installed MS2 max. I am wondering where the template is found? Also seems to be missing some pics..no big deal

michael_s
08-19-2003, 07:39 AM
Nope, all the pics are there, check to make sure your paths are correct.

The templates are located in the /catalog/templates/ directory.

xxGeek
08-19-2003, 08:48 AM
can't figure it out I'm trying to download this version with IE i get hotlinking not allowed
IE version: 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2 winXP Pro.,
when i try netscape i download the file only it's 4k.
any ideas?
i'd like get this version enhnce it with some graphics plus psd source and
give it back to the community, i have a similar version to this less a few
plus a few contribs http://deeann.kandgdesign.com, that i made some manuals on creating it, and it might be a good help guide to some people,
so i think, it's not the gratest but will help to get the feet wet
THX
for your help let me know if you're interested in this,
maby we can join forces on that one :wink:
if you have questions you can try to get me on icq

Anonymous
08-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Hi there !
Excuse me for butting in, and for asking such dumb questions, but I'm no expert. :?

Is this release in connection to Harald Ponce de Leon and the team ?
To clarify, is this a official release of oscommerce?

Thanks for the time.

Anonymous
08-19-2003, 10:53 AM
I have to install/upgrade using FTP but need to know how to deal with the two .sql files to install or just upgrade if possible? thanks

Anonymous
08-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Is anyone proficient with editing the way the store looks, because I want to take a web site I have then edit the store template structure to look like the site.

Any help would be wonderful

Anonymous
08-19-2003, 01:15 PM
Newbie here. I have some dumb questions to ask before I mess up with my store. :roll:

Currently I have CVS 5/18 version with a couple of contributions, but haven't upgrated to MS2 yet. To my understanding, the MS2-Max is a full version so I don't have to worry about the upgrade.

Now, what I plan to do is to install the MS2-MAX and a new database will be created after installation, is it right? Then I'm sure the new database structure is different from the my old SQL database. Then how to import the old data to this new database? Can I simply upload it or I need to upgrade the structure of old database first then import the data. IF so, how to upgrade the old database structure?

Thanks for your help.

Wendy

michael_s
08-19-2003, 02:58 PM
Ok, lots of questions here, so I will try to answer them fully:

xxGeek, there seem to be some compatability issues with certain versions of IE 6 for downloading. I am not sure what the trouble is though, since I use IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2 too, and I have no difficulty downloading the file. try using opera or netsacpe, or a different version of IE. I really dont know what the problem is though. Are you behind a firewall, or a proxy? That might cause trouble.

If you want to get started on a MS2-MAX users guide, we have the perfect platform for it in the OSCdox Guide, we can just add a MS2-MAX section and go to town. It looks like you have a good headstart on it. Let me know what you think.

Regarding graphics and design, that sounds really cool. What did you have in mind?

is this a official release of oscommerce?

MS2-MAX is NOT and official osCommerce release, and should not be mistaken for one. The osCommerce team considers loaded versions to be a fork of their code, and will not support it, so dont ask questions about it over at the osC forums. You will only irritate the moderators over there. They have their hands full. Besides, that is what this nice site is for. :)

but need to know how to deal with the two .sql files to install or just upgrade if possible?
There is not an easy upgrade path. MS2-MAX uses a template system that changes the file structure of the entire catalog. I recommend doing a separate installation of MS2-MAX (all filles and a new database), not touching your existing site, especially if it is a live site. Then, once you get a handle on what is what in MS2-MAX, importing your existing product and customer data using phpmyadmin and/or easypopulate. So, the steps are, upload-FTP, Run installer, import old data, modify design.

Is anyone proficient with editing the way the store looks
This is really off topic. You should start a new thread requesting help

Then how to import the old data to this new database?
Wendy There is not an easy upgrade path. If you have a live store, I suggest a separate install. See #3 above. You have to create a new database for MS2 before running the installer. It will just be an empty database, no structure or data. The installer will then populate the database with tables and data. When you create your MYSQL db, make sure you note the database name, username and password. You will need these when installing.

You will have to export your existing data to a csv file or a sql dump and then import it into the new database, after installation.

I hope I have cleared up a few things.

Thanks!

Anonymous
08-19-2003, 04:37 PM
Mr. msasek:

Thank you so much for your reply my

is this a official release of oscommerce?
concern.

If you would, please allow me to abuse your good nature by asking another dumb question.

I've only installed one Oscommerce cart, the latest one. And it works sonderfully. I remember when I installed the cart, it asked if it was a upgrade or a new install. If I install the MS2-MAX, how will that work with a future release of OSC?

My fear is that if this cart (MAX) is a project that will be further customized or taken care by ( I guess you ) ?

Thank you so much for your time.

Guest !

xxGeek
08-19-2003, 04:40 PM
@msasek
well i have no clue what it is with the download, i can download anything off the web exepct for this LOL, no worries i'll figure it out
if not i'll ask someone to email me the file.
About contributing to it yes i can do some manuals NP,
seems like i'll have a bunch of time on my hands, soon so i can tackle it.
And the graphics well i just think that if we enchance the original and overused stock OSC, many people could benifit from it.
i'm all for it i can do that and write the manual at the same time,
call it step by step instructions, i'll write what i'm doing plus a few tips here and there, i would have to say i can have a pretty good manual ready in two or three weeks.
Let me know if you're interested
THX

xxGeek
08-19-2003, 04:42 PM
@ msasek
forgot one more thing what sort of format can you grab to put in your
guides?

michael_s
08-19-2003, 04:55 PM
xxGeek,

Sounds good, but there is no need for you to shoulder the load alone. The OSCdox wiki is an open document that anyone can contribute to in real time. A living document. I think we can have a working document in a week if others help out too. All you need to do is learn the basic wiki syntax. It is REALLY easy.

If we lay the groundwork, hopefully others will help out and add their own bits here and there. You should try the wiki out, I have made a link to the new MS2-MAX Users Guide on the OSCdox guide main page Here (http://www.oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=HomePage)

xxGeek
08-19-2003, 05:39 PM
ok i'm all for it
than again i didn't mean that i want to do the whole thing just layout the basics as i go along modifing the store, i can take notes of sort than edit them to suit a manual, that's what i have been doing.
call it a total newbee mod guide.
anyways about the look any thoughts?
how about visiting www.templatemonster.com
and looking at some templates for ideas jus remember their # and pass them along, i'll try to whip up somethig similar.
THX
btw
How many programmers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, it's a hardware problem!

Anonymous
08-19-2003, 08:56 PM
but need to know how to deal with the two .sql files to install or just upgrade if possible?
There is not an easy upgrade path. MS2-MAX uses a template system that changes the file structure of the entire catalog. I recommend doing a separate installation of MS2-MAX (all filles and a new database), not touching your existing site, especially if it is a live site. Then, once you get a handle on what is what in MS2-MAX, importing your existing product and customer data using phpmyadmin and/or easypopulate. So, the steps are, upload-FTP, Run installer, import old data, modify design

Thanks for answering my questions. I did a new install and everything looks fine. But I still don't know how to import the data from old database to the new one because their structure is different. Could you please provide some step by step instructions?

I really appreciate.

Wendy

unistar
08-20-2003, 05:17 AM
There are some people who cannot use the installer.
What does the installer do with those two databases so I can do it manually?

xxGeek
08-20-2003, 07:08 AM
OK I GIVE UP :twisted: :?: :!: :!:
can someone please email me MS2-MAX
mail it to ""ALREADY GO IT THX""
THANK YOU
i'm going to trash my win box now :x

Anonymous
08-20-2003, 07:08 AM
What does the installer do with those two databases so I can do it manually?

There more than likely is a reason why it is not working - more than likely some setting on the server need changing. You need recent copies of PHP and MySQL installed and running on the server. If your host does not then you can not install in any way possable. Talk to your webhost if the installer does not work.

If for some reason you don't want to (or can't??) use the installer then follow this instructions:

1. Copy all files in '/catalog/' to the server '/catalog/' or to root (ie:'/') - remove the '/catalog/install/' directory as your not using it.

2. Copy all files in '/catalog/admin' or '/admin/' to the server '/catalog/admin/' or right off the root '/admin/' - better yet - install it in a off site - in a personal directory on your web server.

3. Protect your '/admin/' using .HTACCESS

4. Edit configure.php in both '/admin/includes/' and '/catalog/includes/' with all the proper setting - most are explained:

in Catalog:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.yoursite.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.yoursite.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // change to true if you use a secure webserver for catalog module
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'http://www.yoursite.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'https://www.yoursite.com');
define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '.yoursite.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '.yoursite.com');
define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // or '/' if in root
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // or '/' if in root

in Admin:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.yoursite.com'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers
define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.yoursite.com');
define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.yoursite.com');
define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // change to true if you use a secure webserver for catalog module
define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)
define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); //change if differnet - ie: '/catalog/admin/'
define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN); // leave
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG); //leave

And in both:

define('DB_SERVER', 'your database server name here');
define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'your mysql user name');
define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'your mysql password');
define('DB_DATABASE', 'database name ie-osCommerce');
define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // change to mysql

5. Chmod your files /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php to chmod 644.
The WHOLE directory of /catalog/images to 777.
Create the directory of /catalog/admin/backups and chmod to 777.

6. In CPanel or MySQLAdmin in the SQL command box browse to or cut 'n paste 'oscommece.sql' or for MS2-MAX - use 'ms2-max.sql' into it. Press GO to insert data.

7. Go into the admin and make changes as required. - Backup your database before and after any MAJOR change.

8. If Steps 1 to 7 does not work then there is something wrong on the server. Also you may have to set or have the webhost change php.ini to set global_register=On

9. Make modification in /catalog/stylesheet.css to add your own colors, styles to your new store. Add more MODs, Change the default graphics and much more. - Backup your Database and your WHOLE site before you make any Major changes.

10. Enjoy

I have tried this and the automatic installer and they both work. There are may problems if installing on IIS servers - (like $DOCUMENT_ROOT does not report propely - have to hard code it in configure.php) not impossable. If you have problems - post specific details in the forums and/or a link to your site where the problem is.

Good luck.

unistar
08-20-2003, 09:33 AM
What does the installer do with oscommerce.sql & ms2-max.sql so I can do it manually?

michael_s
08-20-2003, 09:48 AM
@xxGeek: Sent!

@unistar : the installer uses the ms2-max.sql file ONLY . The oscommerce.sql file is not used. It just dumps the contents of the m2-max.sql file to the empty database, or if it is already populated, it overwrites the database.

xxGeek
08-20-2003, 09:52 AM
@ msasek
THX,
got it just installing it to see what can be done with it.

xxGeek
08-20-2003, 09:57 AM
one quick question about wiki is there a way i can add images to the guide?
meaning things like screenshots etc.?
i guess i'm blind if it's there i just dont see anything about that
thx

michael_s
08-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Yes, the way is to direct link to the images. Take a look at this page:

http://oscdox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Stylesheet%20Edits

and click the 'edit' button at the bottom to see how it is done. Really easy. If you want to use OSCdox bandwidth (recommended!), you will have to send me the images and I will put them on the server for you. Set your url to :

http://oscdox.com/wiki/images/

Anonymous
08-20-2003, 05:31 PM
I just installed OSCommerce and have been playing around with it, adding a couple of products. I immediately saw many places for improvement, and went searching the web for mods to add. I then stumbled across this site, and read about your MS2-MAX 1.0 version. It sounds great!

As improvements are made to the base OSCommerce, and as you add more modules, etc. to the current AABox osC MS2-MAX 1.0, will a full install in a new directory plus data migration be required every time, or do you see an "upgrade current install" feature in the future?

How hard is it to take mods for the standard osCommerce package and add them to your MAX version?

And can anyone point me to an online repository of mods for osCommerce? I've had a bit of trouble finding one of those.

Thanks

xxGeek
08-20-2003, 05:39 PM
most of your questions need to addresed by the admin
but http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions
that's the place for osc mods.
how hard is it to make mods?
that depends on your expirience with php mysql etc.
thx :wink:

DebbieG
08-20-2003, 06:27 PM
Okay, really dumb question! I don't understand what everyone means by 'running the installer'. I have uploaded all the files in my cpanel. What now? I already have a store and want to make sure I do not cross any files and mess anything up. I am a total NEWBIE when it comes to all of this :roll:

xxGeek
08-20-2003, 06:34 PM
ok that's not a dumb question
when run the installen is mention it means,
open your browser and run the installation, do that by typing in your address
I.E. http://yourdomain.com/yourpath/catalog/install
and follow the installation process from there
it will not screw up your other store, just make sure you use a diffrent database, and diffrent web directory for the new one.
THX :wink:

DebbieG
08-20-2003, 06:50 PM
I still can't get it! The new files were saved in my cpanel as ms2max. Under that are my catalog files. I typed in my browser:
http://www.thingsudontneed.com/ms2max/catalog/install
and nothing happens. Is 'yourpath' incorrect?

Debbie

xxGeek
08-20-2003, 06:55 PM
are you sure you have it in the right directory?
seems to me like there is something missing
are the files in the public_html folder ?
if so you should be able to access it like that
http://www.thingsudontneed.com/ms2max/catalog/install
double check if you have the ms2max folder in the same directory as your current page http://www.thingsudontneed.com/index.html <<this one
THX :wink:

Anonymous
08-21-2003, 02:15 AM
I also get the hotlink error message. I use ie 6 with all service packs etc.
Problem can be overcome by right clicking and save target as. Only problem is zip file is only 1k and says it is corrupt, also happened when I used netscape to download.

Anonymous
08-21-2003, 04:42 AM
I'm getting a 404 on the zip download - is it going to be back up soon?

Anonymous
08-21-2003, 07:29 AM
Hi

Anyone tell me how to get round the win ie bug which reduces the file to 1k?

Thanks

Anonymous
08-21-2003, 01:52 PM
Hi

Anyone tell me how to get round the win ie bug which reduces the file to 1k?

ThanksUse Opera (http://www.opera.com) or download GetRight (www.GetRight.com) or GoZilla (dunno where to find it now).

GetRight as also a plugin for IE that eases the dowloads...

Opera : AdWare
GetRight: Shareware
GoZilla: dunno

Hope it helps,

8) Lopo

Anonymous
08-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Wahey!

Got it to download in Opera :)

But....only by changing the preferences so that Opera identifies itself as Opera and not IE - it didn't work before that, the same 1K file was downloaded each time as per IE and Netscape 7.

unistar
08-22-2003, 06:02 AM
Guys, in the meantime, try to get around them use getright or any other download manager...

xxGeek
08-22-2003, 10:06 AM
OK for those of you trying to download oscMAX without sucess
I.E. getting hotlink errors, or downloading a file that's 4k or something of that nature
You might have a problem with your firewall settings, especially if you're using Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall, and you need to create a rule in order for it work correctly, with this download,, or any other that you might have a problem with.

To create a rule:
1. Open NIS or NPF.
2. Click Options.
3. Click Internet Security or Personal Firewall. This step is not always needed.
4. Click the Web Content tab.
5. Click Add Site. A new site/domain box appears.
Enter the name of the site that you want to receive the referer information and click OK.
In this example, it will be www.aabox.com.
6. The site name appears in the left frame of the Options window.
7. Click the name of the new site.
8. Click the Global Settings tab.
9. In the "Information about visited sites" section, uncheck "Use default settings".
10. Click Permit.
11. Click OK to close the Options window.

Now try to download the file. :wink:
complements of xxGeek :D

@ MODERATORS, site ADMIN, Can you make this guide a sticky, i have found this to be a common problem out there maby people can benifit from it, when trying to download files.

bsa
08-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Incredible, I've been using OSCommerce for about 1 week and the mods were getting to be a bit overwhelming. This makes it so much nicer to work with. I am a wholesaler and I have various levels of customers. I was thinking it would be great to include the "Seperate Pricing Per Customer" module, but since you have the coupon module I will just give my customers different coupons. However, can a coupon in the shopping cart change the displayed prices? I'll ask the mod writer.

Also, there seems to be a conflict between the coupon/voucher and the admin access module. When you select Coupon -> Valid Product List -> View or Coupon -> Valid Catagories List -> View you get "Access Denied".

Thanks for the great, great product,
Brad

Anonymous
08-22-2003, 04:13 PM
I need to know how to get rid of the gif's to the right of the pages where it says what's new and what do we have here?
I know where to go in MS1 and MS2, but can't find it here in max...please help, also easy populate works great except it puts some of the products in the wrong categories. I used it to download my database, cleaned out my database and the uploaded through EP and it came out with products in wrong categories...here is a link to my site so you can see what I mean. i have not uploaded my pics yet....
http://www.mrsfieldsgoodies.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

Anonymous
08-22-2003, 05:48 PM
I must be brain dead LOL I just realized the gif's were actually for the categorie images DUH! I still need help with easy populate tho...

Anonymous
08-22-2003, 06:30 PM
I get this error when trying to open a category in the admin section.

I got this same error from a fresh install of MS2.2 and solved it by downloading a snapshot and replacing the general.php

I would do the same thing but the file size from the MAX install is larger and I don't want to just replace it from a snapshot.

What can I do to solve it and update the downloadable file of 2.2Max???

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_map() in /usr/local/etc/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/htdocs/order/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1361

michael_s
08-23-2003, 12:54 PM
@bsa : to fix this, just click

Administrator :arrow: File Access :arrow: GV_admin :arrow: Store Files

And you will see a dropdown list in the right column. Select validcategories.php and click Save

Do the same for validcproducts.php and you will have access.

@dougnyc : I havent seen this error before. Use beyond compare to see what the differences between the 2 files are, and copy over the fixes. That is the easiest way to do it.

Anonymous
09-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Totally Novice on this...
This sounds great!!!
I have downloaded files but have no clue, how to install...
I currently using server at Shared Virtual Hosting and can anyone shed some light with step by step instruction???
I have checked OSCdox 2.2 MS2-MAX Users Guide, but no infor on Install section...
Sorry for trouble but can't wait till running my own eCommerce site!
Please help...

michael_s
09-04-2003, 07:42 AM
To install, you should be able to use the 2.2 MS1 instructions. It is pretty much the same.

HumanEasy
09-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Hi,

Is the ZIP file updated with all the fixes that have been discovered and published in this forums OR do I have to download it and then search for all the fixes and update it myself by hand ?

Thanks,

8) Lopo

michael_s
09-04-2003, 02:32 PM
All the fixes are included in the full zip. :)

Anonymous
09-04-2003, 03:45 PM
Thank you! msasek!

One more help needed...
The 2.2 MS1 instructions indicate that...
"First, upload the /catalog directory and all the files it contains to your document root (public_html or www). Then, upload the /admin directory and all the files it contains to the /catalog dir. This will create a self contained shopping cart environment under a single directory tree that is easy to work with. When you are finished uploading, your basic directory tree should look like this:

/public_html
/catalog
/admin
/images
/includes
/download
/images
/includes
/install"

However, the OSCdox 2.2 MS2-MAX contains above and following folders and file...
*Folder = contributions
*Folder = extras
*Files = CHANGELOG, FAQ, INSTALL, LICENSE, MS2-MAX-README, README, STANDARD, tep_database-pr2.2-CVS, TODO

Do I need to upload all of the above folders and files under /public_html?
I know it is dumb quesions, I just want to make sure that I'm doing it right...

Thank you!!!

HumanEasy
09-04-2003, 04:56 PM
All the fixes are included in the full zip. :)
Hi,

Previous "guest" was not me as it could be implied :lol: :wink:
But thank you too from my side. I will download last version ASAP.
You may consider giving it a 1.0.x number or 1.0-Pn to avoid confusions :roll: Just an :idea:

Best and thanks again.

8) Lopo

Anonymous
09-06-2003, 01:00 AM
"Wendy There is not an easy upgrade path. If you have a live store, I suggest a separate install. See #3 above. You have to create a new database for MS2 before running the installer. It will just be an empty database, no structure or data. The installer will then populate the database with tables and data. When you create your MYSQL db, make sure you note the database name, username and password. You will need these when installing.
You will have to export your existing data to a csv file or a sql dump and then import it into the new database, after installation. "

I know how to export csv and sql but how can I import cvs or sql into the new database?

michael_s
09-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Run an sql query and use the exported .sql file for the query...