PDA

View Full Version : i am an utterly hopeless computor person

suzycello
03-16-2007, 09:13 AM
right so im having problems as i basically cant get the person doing my website to do anything and so im attempting to figure it out myself.I am a total beginner and have read so many threads about this problem but i cant for the life of me understand how to implement it.

its the silly issue of not getting anything anywhere thats says what the order actually is for.I know there is an answer to this ie some sort of software or option to pick but can someone please tell me exactly how to do this.i gett he paypal payment but nothing that says what it is.

on this point isnt this totally ridiculous as all it really is is a link to the paypal site? surely it is the same as having a load of pictures on the web and saying choose what you like and go to the paypal site and pay me? because when im directed to paypal anyway(as a customer) it doesnt even say how much i have to pay.can anyone tell me if there is a way to rectify this....surely
thanks ever so much everyone and anyone that replies
xxxxxx
suzycello

michael_s
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Are you using osCMax to run your store? Does it have the Paypal IPN module enabled in your admin panel? Do you have your paypal account set up to use IPN (instant payment notification)?

Answer those questions and we can move forward to the next level of help.

suzycello
03-16-2007, 10:37 AM
thank you very much for the reply.As far as im aware it is just oscommerce thats all it says anyway The Vintage Garage (http://www.thevintagegarage.co.uk/shop). have a look to see if im telling a lie hehe

i clicked on paypal as the only payment option and it has a 0 next to it so i assume thats right

I also ,under someones guidance ,went to the profile tab in paypal and clicked on the IPS thingy to enable it.then i put in (as advised) the website adress.however, i put in The Vintage Garage - Home (http://www.thevintagegarage.co.uk) is this right? or should i have put/shop or something as they are 2 separate windows

michael_s
03-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I moved this thread to the correct forum. You posted in an osCMax forum, I moved it to the standard oscommerce forum.

Next, if you are using standard osCommerce, it does not use the IPN method at all. It uses the standard paypal web payment method without IPN. Regarding IPN setup, you leave the url blank in your paypal account. Just enable it without adding any url at all to the configuration.

IPN is irrelevant for your store at the moment, as the paypal module you have does not use it.

Next, your osCommerce paypal module is not correctly set up. You need to add your paypal email address to the configuration as well as a few other things. Make sure it is set up properly. I just tested it, and it is not working right, for sure. It should take you to a web payments page, not the main paypal login page.

suzycello
03-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Enable PayPal Module
Do you want to accept PayPal payments?

True
False

E-Mail Address
The e-mail address to use for the PayPal service

Transaction Currency
The currency to use for credit card transactions

Selected Currency
Only USD
Only CAD
Only EUR
Only GBP
Only JPY

Payment Zone
If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.
--none--united Kingdom

Set Order Status
Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value
defaultDeliveredPendingProcessing

Sort order of display.
Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.

this is everything that i entered.do i need to change something?

suzycello
03-16-2007, 12:09 PM
sorry i realise now that didnt show any of my answers :( but unless its obvious can you tell me what to set for each one? my email was the right one so i dont see why it should be doing this hmm

michael_s
03-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Here is what I suggest.

Disable it completely in your osCommerce admin panel. This will remove the database entries. Then re-enable it and enter in your information new.

Other than that, your paypal module is not working normally, and I would suggest uploading paypal module file again.

suzycello
03-17-2007, 03:45 AM
i think i did this right.went to the paypal option and clicked remove then installed it again. also went to paypal and turned the IPN thing off and then enabled it again.However, when i go back to 'orders' on my admin panel there are still the test customers ie it hasnt started from scratch.am i doing something wrong?

michael_s
03-17-2007, 05:45 AM
The changes I suggest do not affect your store database at all, so all test customers and orders will be unaffected by this. It is to get new orders to work for you. If you want to remove the older test orders you have to manually delete them.