PDA

View Full Version : paypal ipn with oscmax

geeknano
03-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I am having problems implementing paypal ipn with oscmax. Is there a definitive guide which can give me an idea how to do it.
Thanks
nano

michael_s
03-11-2007, 08:39 AM
You just turn it on in the admin panel and fill in the required info. Pretty easy to do.

If you still can't figure it out see this:
osCommerce Documentation by OSCdox :: osCommerce and osCMax installation and users manual, discussion forums (phpWiki) (http://oscdox.com/index.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=PaypalIpnOscmax)

Note that you do not need to use the SSL certificate part, as there is no sensitive info sent from the cart to paypal. All sensitive info is entered directly at paypal.

BoblLoveland
04-18-2007, 04:42 PM
On the paypal website, there is an ipn page under profile that says:

>Instant Payment Notification Preferences
>PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) allows you to integrate PayPal >payments with your website back-end operations.
>
>Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Off
>Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: _______________________

Since the IPN seems to be set to Off and the URL is blank, is that why I am getting email errors when i receive an order. In oscmax, all the fields in the paypal module seems to be filled out. What address would i put in the IPN url blank on paypal's website?

michael_s
04-18-2007, 11:19 PM
You have to turn it on in your paypal admin (at the paypal site) and you leave the IPN url blank, as osCMax sends the url to paypal with the sale information.

email errors: what is the error? Paypal IPN doesnt send and email to your store, it sends an ipn.

BoblLoveland
04-19-2007, 06:29 PM
2 part message about my errors.. Thanks a MILLION for your help!!!

I tried activating it Paypal IPN on the paypal site and left the url blank, but got this error

>You must enter a properly formatted URL into the Notification URL field in >order to activate Instant Payment Notification.
>Activate Instant Payment Notification
>
>Before activating Instant Payment Notification, please read the instructions >to ensure that you can support the notification system.
>
>Instant Payment Notification integrates PayPal payment notification and >authentication with your website's back-end operations. Check this box to >activate Instant Payment Notification, and enter the URL at which you will >receive the payment notifications below.
>
>Notification URL: _________________________________________

================================================== =======
The Email error I got that i mentioned previously was this:

Subject: PayPal IPN Invalid Process

payment_date=13:28:09 Apr 18, 2007 PDT
txn_type=web_accept
last_name=my customer name
residence_country=DE
item_name=Sewing Pattern Supply
payment_gross=22.80
mc_currency=USD
[email protected]
payment_type=instant
verify_sign=I censored this might be confidential
payer_status=verified
tax=0.00
[email protected]
txn_id=4DC909999P3212506
quantity=1
[email protected]
first_name=Iris
payer_id=KUTZZZZKXXTRW
receiver_id=TXXXYU5NF4PRC
item_number=
payment_status=Completed
payment_fee=1.19
mc_fee=1.19
shipping=0.00
mc_gross=22.80
custom=1
charset=windows-1252
notify_version=2.1

$_GET:

================================================== ====

Granted, the payment did go through and i was able to log into oscmax admin to view the order, and was able to login to paypal and verify the payment, but I am not certain if this is just an annoyance i need to live with, or if there is a way to correct it.

michael_s
04-19-2007, 06:36 PM
I never had to enter a url in paypal IPN at paypal. I just turn it on and leave the IPN url blank. Not sure what the problem is with the email error. I think that is coming from paypal, and you should contact them for an explanation. I have never seen that before.

zuqaili
04-20-2007, 03:52 AM
I tried to activate the paypal ipn yesterday and had the same error as you mention but when i removed the " url: http:// " part from the page so the page was blank and then tried to activate, it worked fine and paypal ipn was turned on.

mjfontec
05-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi all,

Apparently, after a person goes through paypal and checks out. They get a page that says they are tranferring from a secure site to a non-secure site (back to my website checkout_success page). I think some people are clicking 'Cancel' on that page, and I may be losing orders.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks
Mike

neil
05-23-2007, 05:44 AM
I'd say that would be the regular PayPal & not IPN however the answer is the same.
You can secure your pages that have sensitive data - checkout_success.php etc by using a shared ssl usually provided for free by your host or your own purchased ssl certificate.
How to do this must be covered in the documentation or the wiki.

michael_s
05-23-2007, 06:21 AM
Hi all,

Apparently, after a person goes through paypal and checks out. They get a page that says they are tranferring from a secure site to a non-secure site (back to my website checkout_success page). I think some people are clicking 'Cancel' on that page, and I may be losing orders.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks
Mike

If you are using Paypal IPN mod, it does not matter if they never return to your site.

That is what IPN is for. Regardless of customer actions, if they complete the sale at Paypal, then your shop will get an IPN notice of the sale, even if they never return to your site.

justedee
07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
So what is suppose to happen next. I have the same problem, but I am the person who is making the purchase so I now I'm not pressing cancel.
I get the same email (as the owner of the site), I'm told I'm leaving the site (as the customer) and then I receive and error message (as the customer) Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/content/d/a/z/dazedangels/html/oscMAX2/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 521
I will receive the error email for days (as the website owner) the customer doesn't know if the order has been placed, because they received an error. I do receive the order, but I need that error to actually lead to a page. What should happen? Where should it lead? What should the customer see?

justedee
07-08-2007, 11:34 AM
If you are using Paypal IPN mod, it does not matter if they never return to your site.

That is what IPN is for. Regardless of customer actions, if they complete the sale at Paypal, then your shop will get an IPN notice of the sale, even if they never return to your site.

This may be true. However, I look pretty stupid every time they hit "complete your order confirmation" and they get an error message.

I know it's just one little detail that I'm missing.
~eDee

michael_s
07-08-2007, 11:52 AM
This may be true. However, I look pretty stupid every time they hit "complete your order confirmation" and they get an error message.

I know it's just one little detail that I'm missing.
~eDee

Your problem is different than being discussed in this thread, so you are a little out of context comparing your issue to the one I replied to.

This thread, there is no error message. I was merely explaining that if the customer completes the order and decides not to return to your site, the order will still be recorded in osCMax regardless. Nothing looks stupid about that, since there is no error, and it is a great feature.

See my reply to your other thread, and do not cross post your issue into multiple threads, it is against forum rules and bad form. This thread is about something else entirely, and your forking the thread is not helpful. Keep that in mind for future posts. It makes it easier for everyone.

My reply to your other post: http://www.oscmax.com/forums/paypal/9482-paypal-errors.html#post28660

justedee
07-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Your problem is different than being discussed in this thread, so you are a little out of context comparing your issue to the one I replied to.

This thread, there is no error message. I was merely explaining that if the customer completes the order and decides not to return to your site, the order will still be recorded in osCMax regardless. Nothing looks stupid about that, since there is no error, and it is a great feature.

See my reply to your other thread, and do not cross post your issue into multiple threads, it is against forum rules and bad form. This thread is about something else entirely, and your forking the thread is not helpful. Keep that in mind for future posts. It makes it easier for everyone.

My reply to your other post: http://www.oscmax.com/forums/paypal/9482-paypal-errors.html#post28660

Sorry, you misunderstood. I was just being a wise ass when it came to this comment.

As for the error:
I'm getting the same error email whenever an order is placed. Along with all the other stuff I posted, so it does apply.

This is what he posted and this is what I'm getting.
The Email error:

Subject: PayPal IPN Invalid Process

payment_date=13:28:09 Apr 18, 2007 PDT
txn_type=web_accept
last_name=my customer name
residence_country=DE
item_name=Sewing Pattern Supply
payment_gross=22.80
mc_currency=USD
[email protected]
payment_type=instant
verify_sign=I censored this might be confidential
payer_status=verified
tax=0.00
[email protected]
txn_id=4DC909999P3212506
quantity=1
[email protected]
first_name=Iris
payer_id=KUTZZZZKXXTRW
receiver_id=TXXXYU5NF4PRC
item_number=
payment_status=Completed
payment_fee=1.19
mc_fee=1.19
shipping=0.00
mc_gross=22.80
custom=1
charset=windows-1252
notify_version=2.1

$_GET:

I'm getting the same error email whenever an order is placed. Along with all the other stuff I posted, so it does apply.

I have found that there are about 3 people on this site who know what they are talking about (you are one of them)
About 5 people who have had a problem and are nice enough to tell you what they did and then there are the rest of us.
If I want an answer I have found it is best to leave many replies on many different posts that way someone may see that something new has been posted and may help me out. If not, I may never find the answer. On this site it's all about the strategy (again smart ass comment! But many people agree with me)

~eDee

michael_s
07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
eDee, strategy or not, cross posting is a violation of forum rules :
http://www.oscmax.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules_faq#faq_post_rules

I hate cross posting. It dilutes the content, makes things hard to find and wastes everybody else's time. It is very inconsiderate, and since we are all about being considerate to others, we don't cross post :)

Most times I will move your cross posts back to your original thread or if I am short on time, just remove the cross post altogether. Today, I felt like typing, so you get a lecture (lucky you) :)

I read just about everything posted on this site, and if I have time, I will get to your thread eventually. Also, if you want your post to come to the top of the listings, every now and then post a relevant update to it. That will bring it back to all of our attention without breaking any forum rules like cross posting. :)

Now, try what I suggest in your original thread and post your results to that thread. Whether my suggestion works or not, that is where your reply belongs.

rstarkey
07-11-2007, 09:47 PM
If you are having trouble with PayPal IPN on Godaddy hosting and keep getting emails with "PayPal IPN: Invalid", then it is curl settings in the ipn.php file. I am using OSCMax 1.7. Below is part of the coding in ipn.php ....
function authenticate($domain) {
$paypal_response = '';
$curl_flag = function_exists('curl_exec');
if($curl_flag) {
$ch = @curl_init();
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "https://$domain/cgi-bin/webscr");
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, true);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, 0);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $this->_response_string);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 120);
//BEGIN GODADDY FIX
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
//@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128");
//END GODADDY FIX
$paypal_response = @curl_exec($ch);
@curl_close($ch);
if($paypal_response == '') $curl_flag = false;
}

Also, see See Using CURL - Help Center—Knowledge Base and FAQ (http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=288)

justedee
07-12-2007, 06:34 AM
EDIT: OH CRAP! I found it, fix already done. Still having the same problem, but thank you for your help.
I am using GoDaddy, but I'm not sure where or what to do with this code. I'm very new at programming. Do I need to add, delete, change? Help?
Will it matter that I'm using OSCMax 2. The other fix didn't help, commenting out the lines didn't help - I have higher hope for this, but how do I use it? What do I do?
~eDee

If you are having trouble with PayPal IPN on Godaddy hosting and keep getting emails with "PayPal IPN: Invalid", then it is curl settings in the ipn.php file. I am using OSCMax 1.7. Below is part of the coding in ipn.php ....
function authenticate($domain) {
$paypal_response = '';
$curl_flag = function_exists('curl_exec');
if($curl_flag) {
$ch = @curl_init();
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "https://$domain/cgi-bin/webscr");
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, true);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, 0);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $this->_response_string);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 120);
//BEGIN GODADDY FIX
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
//@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL, TRUE);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYTYPE, CURLPROXY_HTTP);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128");
//END GODADDY FIX
$paypal_response = @curl_exec($ch);
@curl_close($ch);
if($paypal_response == '') $curl_flag = false;
}

Also, see See Using CURL - Help Center—Knowledge Base and FAQ (http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=288)