PDA

View Full Version : Your store stats... How busy? How many products? Attributes?

michael_s
01-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I am curious as to what types of stores are running osCMax. How many total customers in your database? How many products do you have? How many attributes in your db?

Generally how many visitors does your site get in a month and how much bandwidth do you burn?

This is also a chance to promote your site a bit... Post a link to your site when you talk about your stats. It's ok, really. I cleared it with the site admin ;)

michael_s
02-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Nobody wants to share? Oh well...

theengineer
02-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Iam just sort of starting out so i dont have any Customers as of yet but im hoping to get afew through advertisng (if i can afford it ) I dont have any products added yet but i do roughly have about 150+items to put in database and btw its a small Electrical/Accesories store iam hoping to put up. Once its built i will post here with the web address.Cheers.

Diamonds
04-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Hi Mike,

We have a retail business with over 2000 products and probably over 3000 attributes. We don't use OsCMax but I'm wondering if we should? We currently use OsCommerce. I don't know where to get our store stats. We feel the program isn't working efficiently for us but it may due to lack of understanding and training. Our customer base is approximately 100. Our OsCommerce is not the standard (to my understanding). It is customized for our use. Hence, because of the customization, we are unable to use the features we would like to use unless we pay our website person more money. On one hand it's good on the other it's bad. I am open to chatting about this some more off-line if you are interested.

met00
05-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Since you asked...

Education 4 Kids
http://edushop.edu4kids.com/
as of today:
29,000+ customer
6,400+ products
webstats for march (an off month)
Sites: 101,744
Kbytes: 34,775,762
Visits:130,183
Pages:511,310
Files: 2,929,414
Hits:3,361,182

We have an associated content site at Education 4 Kids, Inc. (http://www.edu4kids.com)
Webstats for March
Sites: 52,435
Kbytes: 11,571,785
Visits: 91,985
Pages: 1,569,380
Files: 1,673,731
Hits: 3,611,933

We have only one link between the sites on the navigation bar at this time.
The content site has been up since 1996
The store has been up since 2003 on the same OSC, but is tranferring to BIAOSCMax this year and will be growing to 26,000+ products
When the transfer takes place the content will move to Education 4 Kids, Inc. (http://drills.edu4kids.com/) and the Education 4 Kids, Inc. (http://www.edu4kids.com) will become a splash page gateway for both sites with shared content.

bkpie
06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Michael:

I finally took mine live today. We sell wholesale have over 3000 customers with 1200 active. I will be starting to transfer them this week and over the next month or so from my old site. I will let you know on the bandwidth etc.
Also My old site is(soon to be was)in the top 10 in most everything in MSN and Yahoo and in a number of things in google so it will be interesting to see how this fairs once picked up. Check it out

Wholesale Sterling Silver,Earrings,Charms,Chain,Rings and More : Silver Wholesale (http://www.qsiwholesale.com)

Let me know what you think.. suggestions.

additional Mods installed
UPS Residential/commercial
add multiple prod to cart sppc
phplist
linksmgev1.14
minimum order mod
auto email of restock
sold out
Stats_Products_Notifications_v4
mpv1.4 Master Password
FAQ
and a couple others.

shipping status
cc_cvv+encryption v1.81 oscmax
call for price(used differently)

met00
06-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Michael:
Let me know what you think.. suggestions.

One thing I would do. in product_info.tpl.php I would locate the Dynamic mopics code and strip all the formatting (building the TD and the div) out and move it back into dynamic mopics. Then I would make a simple mod to dynamic mopics that checks ti see if there are any images to so, and if there are then builds the TD and the div and populates it.

This would get rid of the "there are no additional pics" on every page and would only show the dynamic mopics when there are pics to be shown.

[This has always bothered me about the dynamic mopics add in. The "other people bough this" and the cross-sell mods don't turn on in every product, but only when there is other stuff to show, I really would love to see this change at the oscmax level so mopics acts the same way.]

bkpie
06-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks, Great idea...that has bothered me as well since as you see sometimes I use it and sometimes I don't. Not sure if I am code worthy enough to do it but will mess with it on my local machine and post it in the contributions if I figure it out.

Blayne

JohnW
06-29-2007, 09:23 AM
I've often wondered what other sites do so this is an interesting subject to me, but I've missed this thread until now.

Anyway, my site was a start up in December 02
Dried Flowers R Us : (http://www.driedflowersrus.com)
Currently about 10,000 visitors a month
about 7500 unique visitors
8000 customer sign ups
about 400-450 active products
700 attributes
only a few gigs of bandwidth used a month though

My goal has been to have a fast easy to use site and to make it more efficient and automated over time. I wanted to make it idiot proof but that was a waste of time.

It seems there are a million things to learn, implement, and change.

michael_s
07-01-2007, 11:11 AM
John,

There is no way to idiot proof anything. The idiots are always more idiotic than can be imagined (I too have my moments);)

Best to cater to smart people, since smart people make more money than idiots, and they will always make better customers in the long run :) (unless you do a volume business, in which case, go with the idiots, they outnumber smart folks 200:1).:homer:

Wolga
07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I just upgraded a customer from osC to osCMax 2.0.0-RC3-0-1

It was scary getting the data moved from one to the other and hoping it all was going to work. I'm not an expert but I finely got the database migrated over. It was my first time using a structure diff and then migrating the data.

osCMax is fantastic.

Deb has the following retail "and wholesale" customers now with SPPC.
Retail 697
Wholesale 21

Product Options = 6
Option Values = 66
Products Attributes = 739

Products = 777

What attracted me to osCMax is that it has Separate Pricing per customer. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Now I"m going to try and implement the MVS (Multi Vendor Shipping) contrib if it's not beyond my ability to do so.

Another to do is to add in the Product Attrib Sort v1.0 by Forrest Miller. It gives the ability to add attributes to a product and choose a sort order right on the product edit page. I had it built into osC now I'm going to try and add it into osCMax.

osCMax seems to be working fine after the data migration. I had to do a bit of tweaking because of it being a release candidate. Pretty much every glitch is worked out so far because everyone around here is helpful and posts resolutions to problems. Like the blank screen after a return from paypal, and the attributes not saving. All Fixed thanks to searching all your posts and but reports.

There is still a bit of work to do yet.

Deb wasn't 100% consistent in naming her pics in osC so the batch processing of them left about 20% of the pics needing to be done by hand. This led to enlarged image not showing up on some products.

That is just about fixed though.

Her Daughter tells everyone her Mom's dolls look like crack babies :-)

I gained an appreciation for Deb's art form simply by being exposed to it.

When you see a primitive doll sitting on a front porch in an old chair with some hay tossed around, it really looks surprisingly rustic and charming.

Back in the old days all kids had was a bit of hay and old cloths to make dolls. Now people in the "prim" business use various techniques to make things look grubby and old for decorative purposes.

Here is a link,
The Ragged Fence :: Primitive and Country Decor, Primitive Dolls, Doll Supplies, Pre-made Muslin Items and so much more! (http://www.theraggedfence.com)