PDA

View Full Version : Instant Paypal Quit

Mushroom
01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
The oddest thing, it appears my PayPal ( NOT IPN ) just quit. I can fill out an order, and it passes it to PayPal. The order never registers. The cart doesn't clear. That's how I discovered it quit. I honestly didn't change a thing.
I just tried to send an order myself and , although it wouldn't let me pay myself, in the past that would have generated the order and off we go.
Just not now. :confused:

michael_s
01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
The standard paypal module does not generate an order in osCMax or osCommerce until you complete the transaction at paypal and click the 'return' button to bring you back to your site.

That is the whole reason that the paypal IPN module was created. I suggest you switch to the IPN module.

Mushroom
01-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Makes sense. I converted over to IPN, since I can't send to myself, we shall see what happens. :)

michael_s
01-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Use the paypal sandbox to test... Check in your paypal account under the developers section for details.

Mushroom
01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
I fooled with it, it processed just fine , but it threw me to a white scree trying to return me to orders_process . I mess with that later.

Mushroom
01-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Well, with IPN we get paid. The customer and I do NOT get emails. It shows processing about 3 times in the order. A bit frustrating. There was no answer to this in the Paypal sticky.

michael_s
01-21-2007, 08:33 PM
What is your error message? A blank screen means you are getting a php error. Look in your error logs.

Mushroom
01-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Error log is empty. In configuring Paypal, where exactly are they supposed to send me back ? Perhaps I have the paypal side misconfigured.

michael_s
01-22-2007, 06:30 AM
If you are getting a blank screen, there has to be an error. Perhaps in a different log or turn up your logging to debug level.

Another option is to have php print errors to the screen.

You don't configure paypal to send you back. osCMax tells paypal what the return url is when sending the transaction info to them. So, disable any auto-return url you may have set, as it is not needed.

Mushroom
01-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Nope, goes from Paypal. hit the complete order confirm and white screen at https://www.website.com/catalog/checkout_process.php

No options on setting level of error logs. I have a request in to my host to see if there is anything available.

michael_s
01-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Can you view the source code of the blank screen? That blank screen is a php error for sure. I am betting it is the same one as in the Paypal Sticky thread and you just need to make the changes as specified there and in the bugfix I pointed you to.

Mushroom
01-22-2007, 07:28 AM
Nothing when I try to view source on that page. I'll do the bug fix and try it in the sand box.

michael_s
01-22-2007, 08:08 AM
That is your best bet. Follow the instructions in the bugfix and let me know your results. That would be the best place to begin

Mushroom
01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
My host turned on php errors and it was the line 521 problem.
Bug fix 157 did seem to solve the problem. Don't try to follow the links in bugtracker. They just take you to the forum. Try to note the search parameters and search from the forum yourself.
I used the 1.4 31 Oct 2006 single file. Plus the edits.
It did not interfere with Authorize.net.
A tip of the hat to our fearless leader !