PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bug with SEO URL's? Adding and Deleting Products

groggory
01-29-2006, 11:05 AM
To start, I believe I have SEO setup and working properly. http://upupandawaykites.com/index.php if you are interested.

If you create a category structure such as...

catalog>toys>books
catalog>toys>outdoors
catalog>toys>indoors

Then you create an item at the level....

catalog>toys

such as....

catalog>toys>That really cool toy

Then when you browse at catalog>toys, you are only shown the product 'that really cool toy'. That is normal. But the problem comes when you go into the admin and delete 'that really cool toy'. After you delete it you should see your directory structure again under catalog>toy, but you still see that ghost product.

My guess is it must be cached. I have tried clearing the cache, but the product stays there, even though it is deleted. I verified it was deleted by looking in the 'products' table within phpMyAdmin.

I made the categories come back up by disabling SEO URL's, then re-enabling them.

Is this a bug, or just a side effect of the caching attribute of SEO URL's?

c.h.u.d.
01-29-2006, 12:24 PM
You need to clear the SEO URL's cache. It is separate from the page cache in osc and separate from your browser cache... The setting is under the SEO URL's section of the admin.

groggory
01-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Alright, so it's not a bug...just part of SEO's needed functionality.

Seems like it'd be nice if I could run a CRON job or something to clear the cache a couple times per day or something.

c.h.u.d.
01-29-2006, 07:51 PM
When I follow your example and delete the product, the behavior returns to showing the categories again. So perhaps it is just your browser cache.