PDA

View Full Version : New installation how to add update.

judas-online
01-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Hi Im sorry if this has been asked before but i couldnt find any reference to it.
I am completely new to all this and yesterday i finally got around to installing osCMax v2.0 which i have now got running, but before i do anymore to it i want to add the update fix to my server. do i just overwrite all the folders and files with the fix or and then run the commands or is there more involved. sorry for sounding thick but i have tried to compare the files but there are so many differences between the files, how do i know which ones are the update fix and which ones are installed contributions, do i have to do the compare 3 times against the update fix, once with original oscommerce, then again with osCMax v2.0.
TIA :?

bkpie
01-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Which patch? If you downloaded V2.0 RC2 full then you would need just the security patch which you overwrite the files except the htaccess which is manually done.

If you have OscMax v2.0 RC1 then you would have to use the update patch to RC2 which comes with a pretty good readme on how to, however since there is a clean install of RC2 I would just do a clean install of that and add the security fix. Hope this helps.

judas-online
01-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Ok thanks for the info. i had my wires crossed..