PDA

View Full Version : Product Attributes - Option Type Feature

adam71o
12-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Has anyone successfully installed

Product Attributes - Option Type Feature

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160/category,all/search,option+type+feature

... to an oscmax v2.0 store?

I'm getting errors when running the sql query.

adam71o
12-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Wow, so seriously, NO ONE with an oscmax v2 store has needed or installed "Product Attributes - Option Type Feature" ?

Why exactly? Is there some alternative that I'm unaware of that enables customers to specify text in 'product_info.php' ?

michael_s
12-19-2005, 07:58 AM
It will not work with osCMax, which has already been widely discussed. It was specifically removed from osCMax 2, due to a conflict with QTPro. In order for it to work, you will either need to recode it from scratch to work with QTPro or remove QTPro and then install it.

bkpie
12-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Is QTPro the reason add multiple products to cart does not work as well?

michael_s
12-19-2005, 03:37 PM
bkpie, is ' add multiple products' another mod? Could be why it is not working, as QTpro is a quite extensive mod.

adam71o
12-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Michael, is there any other contribution, that will work with oscmax v2, that allows customers to input text on the product info page, before hitting 'add to cart' ?

michael_s
12-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Not that I am aware of

adam71o
12-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the info anyway

bkpie
12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Yes it is another mod
Add Multiple Products to Cart, in columns, for SPPC Contribution 3606

If it is QTpro maybe I can try and figure out how to remove this and then try adding the other contribution. Would QTpro be hard to remove? We already have a good inventory tracking program.

adam71o
12-20-2005, 08:09 AM
bkpie, I'm reading the README for this contribution:

Add Multiple Products to Cart, in columns, for SPPC Contribution 3606
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3606/category,all/search,add+multiple+items+to+cart

... and I'm not sure it does the same thing as this one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160/category,all/search,option+type+feature

Did you give the wrong contribution by mistake?

bkpie
12-21-2005, 06:41 AM
No it is not the same but I was trying to find out if the mod QTpro that is keeping your contribution from working is keeping me from getting my contribution working. Both deal with a form of text box. Mine would have a box that the customer types in quantity which is a must for me since my customers order 20-30 50 etc pieces of one item. The current oscmax they would have to click the add to cart button 50 times. I think they would go elsewhere if I used that system. Hopefully I will eventually find a way to make it work.

Blayne

adam71o
12-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Now I understand. I'll keep checking this thread for your updates. Thanks!

michael_s
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
bkpie, actually all a customer has to do is update the number of items after they add one to their cart.

Add to cart once. Then on the shopping cart page, when ready to chekcout, change the number in the cart to 50 for that item and click update...

adam71o
12-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Yea, I thought about that too, but "different strokes for different folks" I guess.

bkpie
12-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Thank you Michael I realize this however when dealing with retailers who buy wholesale they do not like the extra steps and many of my competitors have it where they can add whatever they want on one product listing page then one click to add to cart then move on to the next product listing page. This is by far the most requested feature I get from them when they complain about my current web site. We ran a poll on my current site and sell to 2000+ stores. We have now received 1700+ responses. Over 80% had this as a request without being prompted for that answer.

I have been working on taking out QT Pro to get this mod to work but it is in alot of places and replaced some code that will have to be put back in I believe. Is this code originally from 2.2? I apologize for my limited ability. I am using winmerge etc. I had hired someone going on 2 years ago to do all this and after uploading oscmax when it came out they disappeared like they never existed.

jpf
12-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Has anyone successfully installed

... to an oscmax v2.0 store?

I'm getting errors when running the sql query.

Yes and no.... There is a BIG conflict with QTPro..... have to remove QTPro for it to work properly.....

Working on geting featues of QTPRO into OTF to fix this - but little free time at this point.

There should be no SQL errors....YOU have to compare the orginal SQL strings in MAX to the ones in OTF and add in the new feilds (there is NO conflict with SQL and QTPRO/OTF tables - but you have to add the FEILDS int the SQL statements) - I got it to work but BROKE QTPro very badly.... See my recent posts on QTPRO....

Good Luck.

technoboy
01-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Michael, is there any other contribution, that will work with oscmax v2, that allows customers to input text on the product info page, before hitting 'add to cart' ?

there is a contrib called avanced cart box http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3474/category,all/search,shopping+cart

it allows you to input number of quantity and it works with osCMax! :roll:

the problem is that its an info box!!! :cry:

if somebody take up the challenge and modify this sweet contrib to be inserted in the product info page and not as info box, could be a great work around! :P

joanstead
02-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Have you been able to get QT Pro removed? I need the textbox for product attributes as well. I'd like some if you could tell me how to do this myself, if it is simple enough.

jpf
02-13-2006, 09:28 PM
No it not simple - but it can be done - I have done it. But to keep QTPRO features and install option type is the hard part.

jmilton
06-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Has anyone figured out how to get a text box working on the product info page yet? I would love to see it happen. I can't use this wonderful program unless I can add custom text to an order. I need it to be able to customize signs that are sold.

I don't need QTPro, but I desperately need the text box. Thanks.

jpf
06-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Short answer - Yes.

ssbaby
08-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Short answer - Yes.

care to elaborate?... i'm really interested in getting a text box for my customers too...

unless i downgrade to v1.7?