PDA

View Full Version : Cross Sell interface... can you add a search function?

taol
12-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I should preface this by saying I am by no means a programmer. I am a retailer using this software for my e-commerce site. I have searched the forums and the web and am hoping I am missing something obvious here. The cross sell menu is very cumbersome to use. I have to scroll through all of my products to pick one to add cross sells to and then scroll through all of the products to select the items to display in the cross sell area. Is there a way to add a search function to the cross sell menu so that finding specific products is easier? Or some other solution someone has already found that makes this process a little less time consuming. I have several hundred products on my site and going through manually like this is going to take an excessive amount of time. I appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

technoboy
12-15-2005, 12:28 PM
I should preface this by saying I am by no means a programmer. I am a retailer using this software for my e-commerce site. I have searched the forums and the web and am hoping I am missing something obvious here. The cross sell menu is very cumbersome to use. I have to scroll through all of my products to pick one to add cross sells to and then scroll through all of the products to select the items to display in the cross sell area. Is there a way to add a search function to the cross sell menu so that finding specific products is easier? Or some other solution someone has already found that makes this process a little less time consuming. I have several hundred products on my site and going through manually like this is going to take an excessive amount of time. I appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

there is a contrib to randomize the output on ur xsel but still prioritize the one you select if there is any. ill save you the trouble here the link..

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2539/category,all/search,xsel