PDA

View Full Version : Help with footer image change to gif

nootkan
11-29-2005, 12:39 AM
Hi, I was wondering anyone could point me in the right direction as to how to change my footer image over to one I created with rounded lower corners. I've made the change in templates/aaabox/main_page.tpl and even tried changing the footer tags in the stylesheet with no luck. The image still shows square lower corners and not rounded ones with the background showing through the transparent edges. Am I making sense?

bhejr
11-29-2005, 06:47 AM
If I understand you correctly, you need to go to your catalog/images folder and place your footer image there. The one that is referenced for the stock footer is called OSCMAX_footer.jpg. Just rename your modified footer to that and you should be ok.

nootkan
11-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did that also. I even deleted the jpg and just left my gif image to see if that would work, but it didn't. When I delete the image entirely I can see the background only with no other images so I cannot figure out why my gif image won't work. Is there another file that I should make the change to gif from jpg in other than templates/aaabox/main_page.tpl?

JohnW
11-30-2005, 06:27 PM
The bottom of your footer image is being cutoff, but it is there. Look at your footer image on it's own and you can see it's being cutoff and is not showing. I think this is because it is a background attribute to the table. Change this in main_page.tpl

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" background="images/OSCMAX_bg.gif">

to

<table width="100%" height="120" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" background="images/OSCMAX_bg.gif">

nootkan
12-01-2005, 12:52 AM
John, thankyou for your insight. Your suggestion didn't work, but it got me to thinking about shortening my footer image and voila, that worked. Couldn't of done it without you. Kudos!

JohnW
12-01-2005, 06:35 AM
Nootkan, I'm not sure why that didn't work because that's exactly what I did but you are using a .gif and I use .jpg.

Oops, I gave you the code incorrectly. Here is mine out of main_paige.tbl in case you still want to do it.

<table border="0" width="100%" height="150" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr>

<td align="center" background="images/Dried_Flowers_R_US_footer.jpg" class="smallText">

Also, if you aren't using Firefox as a browser you may want to download it along with some of the tools available. It's very helpful in finding problems.