PDA

View Full Version : File Upload Mod

pablo
11-19-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm trying to install this contrib that allows images and other to be uploaded as an attribute of a product.

I am using oscMAX and I'm not sure if contribs not written specifically for this version are compatible. Its an old contrib and support is slim now.

This is the contrib http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1540/category,all/search,file+upload

This is my error
I keep getting this error.

I've read throug the thread a few times I see nothing like it.

Anybody?

1146 - Table 'belove5_epiphanyetc.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select customers_group_price from TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS where products_id = '231' and customers_group_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

Is combining this contrib with oscMAX the prob?
Does anyone know of a contrib like this written for oscMAX.

Thankyou.

jpf
11-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Yes there is a problem -

this contribution is for use with "PA - Option Type Feature"

the Option Type Feature - is not include with osCMax 2.0 and is NOT compatible with QTPRO contrubtion existing with MAX. - You would have to remove QTPRO and install OTF.

I am working on converting features of QTP into OTF.....

pablo
12-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Exellent. Thankyou very much.

You have no idea how many times I have gone over that code. Tried everything under the sun.

Could you point me in the right direction as far as removing qtpro and installing options type?

I know the options type contrib is @ oscommerce forums. Can probably swing that. I don't want to create problems though.

Is it as easy as just replacing one with the other?

Thankyou.

pablo
12-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Sorry. How do I go about removing QTPPRO?

jpf
12-04-2005, 10:42 AM
WELL QTPRO mod is fully commented in OSCMAX- thus ADDING in OTF is farly simple untill you come to ONE section of QTPRO that removes the code that OTF needs - REPLACE QTP code with OTF code works - it just breaks the atributes stock tracking of QTPRO (thus don't use it). After that add in/change code as included in OTF it does work after that... Note: BTS moves alot of code to the associated file in templates.... Farly easy to do.

Good Luck.

jpf
12-04-2005, 10:44 AM
BTW - if you have truble with some of the code - please post here and I can help (however it may be a while as I am very buzy now)

pablo
12-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Thankyou again.

I truly do appreciate it.

Before you leave. I have no idea where the code even is.

I'm looking through my directories and well... where is it?

pablo
12-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Yes there is a problem -

this contribution is for use with "PA - Option Type Feature"

the Option Type Feature - is not include with osCMax 2.0 and is NOT compatible with QTPRO contrubtion existing with MAX. - You would have to remove QTPRO and install OTF.

I am working on converting features of QTP into OTF.....

Thanks again. Looking at my admin panel. I may have been wrong and postd in the wrong section. I am pretty sure I have oscMax 2.2.

I posted in that section and msasek says I dont have Qtpro.

I seem to be the only one having probs with this contrib and I'm sure its because I'm not using the vanilla package.

I have someone that will install the contrib guaranteed for $125 but thats my last resort.

Do you think it could be something besides QtPro?

Thanks again.

bkpie
12-23-2005, 02:11 PM
is farly simple untill you come to ONE section of QTPRO that removes the code that OTF needs - REPLACE QTP code with OTF code works

Where is that one place jpf?

jpf
12-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Compare the code of OTF to MAX and you will see a big BLOCK of code that does not exist - replaced by 2 or so lines for QTPRO.

If I am right it this file:
/catalog/templates/fallback/content/product_info.tpl.php (about line line 150)

which you have to compare to OTF's

/catalog/product_info.php (starting about line 156)

Good Luck!