PDA

View Full Version : OSCMax on a small screen, Treo WAP WML

kenlyle
11-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Has anyone experience or tips for using OSCMax on a small screen mobile device? I am thinking specifically of the Treo.

Is there a browser that is best? Does Opera still have the feature where they can shrink the screen to fit the device?

Our organization is doing a road swing, and we are trying to kill the last of the paper order taking process.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

kingsland
01-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi mate.

I'm going to launch a business in febuary this year, I will be taking orders while mobile, I have a friend that owns the latest pda and I'm going to test the system on this, he told me you need to have a bluetooth phone in order to access the internet.

I will test it out and get back to you, could you tell me if you are interested in PDA OSCOMMERCE site access still.

I know on a computer you can set it up to be a server, therefore you don't have to use the internet at all, whether or not you can do this on a pda I don't know. I don't see why not as long as you have a good amount of memory. I might have to think about using this local access method myself. see
http://oscdox.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-5839-highlight-apache.html

If you have had any experience with PDA access with oscommerce I would appreciate to hear about them and any advice and tips you can give me, but my friend works for a PDA company and he said its very straightforward, If I were you though; to get most speedy access from your limited bandwidth I would go to your browser options and switch off images on your pda's browser. I don't know about the opera thing, but I'll soon find out.

Hopefully hear from you soon

Dave