PDA

View Full Version : Categories on mainpage

frie
11-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm new with oscdox and looking for a way to remove the categorie names and images from the mainpage. I've looked everywere but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Frie
www.brasilgospel.nl

FreshIdeas
11-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Hi Frie

What categories names and images are you talking about? On your site the only thing i can see is the categories box from the left column

frie
11-11-2005, 11:39 PM
If you open a categorie on the left column the sub-categories will be showed on the left column but also on the mainpage...
I want to remove the sub-categories on the mainpage

FreshIdeas
11-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Go to templates/your template name/content/index_nested.tpl.php

In this file find this line of code: (around line 60)

echo ' <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

Add // in front of it so it looks like:

// echo ' <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

This should solve it

frie
11-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Great!!! It worked. Thank you very much!!!