PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with Template Conversion

cabana
11-10-2005, 11:59 AM
I think my wife is starting to get sick of me telling off my computer as of late. I have been trying to convert the CRE 6.5 template so that I can use it with OscMax. I am going to continue to work though it but I thought I would see if anyone else wanted to take a crack at it.

If someone good with the BTS is willing to convert this to OscMax, I have no problem posting it for everyone to use.

Otherwise I will continue to mull though it. I should get it done by Christmas. :D

michael_s
11-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Attach it and see if anyone can convert it.. I am pretty busy, but I will take a look..

cabana
11-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I removed the file. Too many folks were downloading it simply for the CRE Loaded Project. Sorry.

cabana
11-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Anyone having any luck?

michael_s
11-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I will not get a chance to look at it until later this weekend...

cabana
11-19-2005, 07:44 PM
46 downloads...Any Luck?

michael_s
11-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Hey, do you have a screenshot of what it is supposed to look like? Thanks...

cabana
11-20-2005, 08:43 AM
http://store.creloaded.com/images/mainpage1_500.jpg

michael_s
11-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Ok,

I have it about 80% converted. Just need to tweak the modules a bit and the side boxes...

cabana
11-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Sweet!

cabana
11-20-2005, 11:37 AM
I thought an image of the products page may also be usefull. Pay no attentino to the fact the product do not have an image.
http://shop.h2opoolproducts.com/temp/CRE6.5-PROD.jpg

cabana
11-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Do you think we can take that link down to the original Template. I think there are CRE folks using this thread to simply grab that for their CRE Loaded Stores. I have yet to see any of the other 62 folks that downladed it make any contibutions to this thread. Thanks.

deuce
11-22-2005, 04:34 AM
I'm rather an osCMax newbie so please bear with the stupid questions.

So CRE is a version of osC and you guys are trying to create a version that will work with osCMAX?

Sorry, I can't help with the programming end of things but a CRE template for osCMax sure would be sweet!

cabana
11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
I know that msasek has made some headway on this but has anyone else?

kof69
11-29-2005, 12:31 AM
This is NOT a free CRE template. It cost $25 !!!

See here, in the CRE shop => http://store.creloaded.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=40

michael_s
11-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for posting that... I will not be posting the conversion I did here. It is a commercial, copyrighted template and only can be used by someone that has purchased it. I believe that cabana did purchase the template, but for everyone else that wants it, you will need to buy it from CRE and convert it yourself.

Because this relates to a commercial template, I am locking this thread.

jpf
12-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Just a note: Yes they can charge for it - however since it is based on OSC code - whomever buys the template can resell it for any amount he/she wants - including free (except for copywrited graphic eliments). See the GPL file (LICENSE) included with MAX/CRE/MS2...

You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.

You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:
b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.
6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein. You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to this License.

In other words - he bought the template - he can resell it (including free) any way he wants since the orginal code that was modified is based on this licence. GRAPHICS are the ONLY exception since they would normally NOT be based on the orgianal code (you normally create them from "other" graphics or from scratch). However GRAPHICS - regardless-IS AWAYS subject to COPYWRITE - Weather licened or not.