PDA

View Full Version : Products default to content type virtual or 'downloadable'

cameroti
10-20-2005, 07:04 AM
Hi all,

Have noticed that products loaded following a clean install of RC2 automatically have assigned the content_type virtual. That is they are treated as if downloadable.

This occurs if you do a clean install, don't change any configuration variables, and start loading products.

Is there some configuration variable that changes this default?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers
Tim

michael_s
10-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Did you set the weight of your products to a non-zero value? Undefined of zero weight is reserved for virtual products.

cameroti
10-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks Michael. Well I sort of set the weight..... I knew I had to, so I did it via EasyPopulate. This is how I fell into the trap (for other unwary travellers.....). We have many products so I loaded this shop using EasyPopulate. I loaded one dummy product and then exported via EasyPopulate to get the right table headings, I then filled in all of our products.... AND ... copied down the EORER(sp?) line at the end.... BUT... when I did so I picked up a few other columns at the end including content_type, so the dummy product was of content_type Download:Windows - English, SO .... all my products ended up with a weight and downloadable status. Needless to say they were treated as virtual and my troubles began!

Hopes this help someone else avoid this pitfall, or find the answer quicker than I did.

Cheers
Tim