PDA

View Full Version : PHP5 and MySQL 4.1 (Don't Dispare)

jatsrt
09-30-2005, 09:07 AM
I am running Fedora Core 5 With PHP5 and MySQL 4.1. I just install 2RC2 and out of the box it will not install. However there is a simple fix and as far as I have tested, it is all working ok right now.

In /etc/php.ini you need to change:
register_long_arrays = Off
To:
register_long_arrays = On

That seems to do the trick, I know it is not officiall support, but try it out and let us know

bigboss
10-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Yes! It works!
I have followed your instruction to change the setting in php.ini. Now, I can install 2RC2. However, I get the following error when login the admin page.
===============
1267 - Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,COERCIBLE) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'find_in_set'

select admin_files_id from admin_files where FIND_IN_SET( '1', admin_groups_id) and admin_files_is_boxes = '1' and admin_files_name = 'catalog.php'
======================
I am using Fedora Core 4 with PHP5 and MySQL 4.1 and create the database collated with utf8_unicode_ci because I am using Chinese chars.
Do you know how to fix this problem?

jatsrt
10-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Not too sure on that one, I can login without a problem

macdaddie0
10-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Change:

FIND_IN_SET( '" . $login_groups_id . "', admin_groups_id)

To:

admin_groups_id = '" . $login_groups_id . "'

red_fraggle
11-06-2006, 01:26 PM
getting the following error at the login screen for the admin section of oscmax V2

Error: Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /var/www/vhosts/domain.net/httpdocs/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

I know the fix for this is to change it to the following:

change this:

$this = null

to this:

// $this = null

However, seeing that oscmax is supposed to be PHP 5 complient, why is there still an outdated, variable still being used in oscmax 2 ?

this was well documented in the following bug tracker on PHP's website, and was verified "not a bug" but a "functionality change" by them.

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=34358