PDA

View Full Version : Selecting a default payment method.

kwiznoz
09-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Is there a way to select a default payment method so the readio button is "pre-selected" when a customer gets to the payment screen? We want to check the credit card payment button so the customer can avoid overlooking it (most pay by ccd) so they will have to select check/money order if needed.

Any suggestions? I searched here and osc forums - no luck....

kwiznoz
11-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Here is a simpler solution to the problem that should work for you (in any template):

Add the following to the body tag of your template right after the word body but within the tag:

onload="selectRowEffect(this, 0)"

That will change the selection to the first radio button automatically.

kenlyle
11-05-2005, 03:26 PM
I added this line immediatedly after the <body> tag in my main_page.tpl.php, i.e.

<body>
onload="selectRowEffect(this, 0)"

but didn't get the intended effect when I opened my checkout_payment.php

Can you give more precise instructions?

Thanks,
Ken

kenlyle
11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Duh, I am sitting in the corner under the pointy hat.

INSIDE the tag, i.e. <body onload="selectRowEffect(this, 0)">

Works like a champ.

Thanks for the tip.

Ken

kenlyle
11-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Today, I noticed that no products were showing up in my Categories box. That's a bad deal to have the minor default payment issue fixed.

We need a new fix for the default payment issue.

K

michael_s
11-07-2005, 09:29 AM
I cannot reproduce your issue with the categories box. All categories display properly. Perhaps you can provide more detail. What osCMax categories box type are you using, Default, Coolmenu or DHTML? Have you made any mods to the categories box?

kenlyle
11-07-2005, 05:33 PM
The standard box from the OsC template, I believe. No mods of any kind. It looks like all my files say 8/24/05.

http://foodnsport.com/aabox8/catalog/

I put that mod inside the body tag of mainpagetpl as suggested, and my categories box showed up empty. Freaked me out. Tried to reload the page several times. That was Firefox and IE. No luck.

I restored my mainpagetplorig file, and my categories came back.

That's what I saw, and all I can report...just a user, after all.

It seems fundamentally wrong - modifying a mainpagetpl type file to fix a problem on a specific page that uses that template. Hopefully, there's a more localized solution.

Thanks,
Ken

tcador
11-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I tried to apply the fix and it broke my categories box on any product page as well. I had to remove the "fix" and will look into it further when I get more time. I think the problem is the javascript referenced by the onload call is not loaded in all cases.