PDA

View Full Version : Changing width of New products bar

kwiznoz
08-17-2005, 07:35 PM
We completely overhauled a HTML template using BTS on oscmax 2.0. Everything works great except the New products long banner on the mainpage and the continue boxes at the bottom of every page. These are pushing the page out to the right.

Is there a way to adjust these so they fit within constrains of template?

Thanks.

Jay

ganast
08-17-2005, 07:44 PM
yes... uh, post your site... so we can see what is causing the problem...

--gabe

kwiznoz
08-17-2005, 07:48 PM
It's not online yet, it's on the devel server so it is not yet visible, apologies. The gray bar that reads " New Products For August with the arrow to the right seems to be pushing the site out slightly to the right. Everything else seems to stay within the smaller setup that we designed but I cannot nail down where to change this to smaller width.

Also, contact us, privacy.php, etc all work as well. Shipping does not as the bottom bar on the shipping page that has the continue button also pushes out to right...

jws8118
01-14-2007, 01:27 PM
I have the exact same problem...

You can see my site at Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers & E-Commerce (http://www.ipodrepairsquad.com)

ANy help is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to launch this week.

Thanks,

michael_s
01-14-2007, 02:49 PM
I have the exact same problem...

You can see my site at Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers & E-Commerce (http://www.ipodrepairsquad.com)

ANy help is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to launch this week.

Thanks,

That is not from the new products box. It looks like it is your main page content causing the issue.

Also, it could be your image sizes are too big, causing the table to expand. Make the images smaller or less per row.

jws8118
01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
I've already tried to change the number of columns shown and that won't change anything. Even when I lower it to 2 it still expands the entire length.

I'm now editing the main page text and will update you soon.

JS

jws8118
01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
I've edited the main text in the catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php file and made sure to control my table width by using css and uploaded all to my server but still no change?

Any more suggestions?