PDA

View Full Version : How do I alter whole shop width?

greg123
08-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi,

Currently it's a lot smaller than the page and I want it to just scale to whatever browser is reading it like most web pages do.

I have tried a search but turned up blank - can anyone help out? Admin or code - how is it done? ;-)

Greg.

jpf
08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Template used?

If you use the CSS-fluid - then it is in the main_layout.css

/* page layout */
body, html {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
margin-bottom: 4px;
background: #fff url(images/screenrulers-soft.png);
text-align: center; /* IE center bug */
}
div#pageFrame {
position: relative;
width: 100%; /* total pagewidth */
margin: 0 auto;

greg123
08-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi, thanks.

I searched and can't find any .css files at all - I installed the standard 2.0 version and haven't modded it. I didn't use any style sheet mods.

Am I on the right track here or should there be something within the 2.0 setup that I can reset to allow 'full width'?

Thanks, Greg.

michael_s
08-19-2005, 02:36 PM
You need to edit the main_page.tpl.php file in the template directory that you are using...

IF using the aabox template, edit /catalog/templates/aabox/main_page.tpl.php

It is straight html editing, find the table tag that controls the width and change it from 750 to whatever you want...

greg123
08-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Ah, thanks that helps a lot and I can understand it. One final question - I don't want to set it to a width, I just want it to size to whatever is viewing it like any other simple html page would. What value do I set for size to acheive this 'wrap to page' type effect?

Greg.

michael_s
08-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Change it from "750" to "100%"

greg123
08-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks, found it and got it to do 100% no problem. Sadly it screwed up the layout with a big blue bag going down the right hand side, the text in the middle stayed at it's old width and the footer was split into two parts. I guess it needs a lot more work - if anyone has done this and can provide a 'step by step' please let me know as I'd appreciate it.

Greg.

tafkap
09-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Thanks, found it and got it to do 100% no problem. Sadly it screwed up the layout with a big blue bag going down the right hand side, the text in the middle stayed at it's old width and the footer was split into two parts. I guess it needs a lot more work - if anyone has done this and can provide a 'step by step' please let me know as I'd appreciate it.

Greg.

hi greg,

i did the same stuff as you did. as the template uses background pictures you have to redo the background pictures used.....
you have to look for the file "main_page.tpl.php" in your template directory... search in the file for gif or jpg files....
i modified the aabox template to my needs and changed the following pictures in \catalog\images\

OSCMAX_top_low.jpg
OSCMAX_bg.gif (background of the whole shop, size not to be changed)
OSCMAX_infobox_bg.gif (background of the infoboxes left and right, size not to be changed)
OSCMAX_top.jpg (the banner at the top of your store, width should meet the new width of your shop)
OSCMAX_footer.jpg ("banner" at the bottom of your store, width should meet new width of your store)
OSCMAX_box_bg.jpg (this is the background of the middle of your store... on the left and on the right you have "another" background for your infoboxes.... and in the middle its the background for the middle of your shop where the products and products description can bee seen..... hard to describe but see the file below and you will understand what i mean ;-) )

to my needs....

hope this helps...........
t

tonybe33
12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks msasek! Very helpful. Is there anything you don't know? :P