PDA

View Full Version : After installation problem?

Frankie69
07-28-2005, 10:42 PM
I have installed osCMax and all looks good. However, when I want to update my currencies I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in \wwwroot\foodshop\catalog\admin\includes\functions \localization.php on line 21

Can someone please guide me on how to correct this?

Thanks.

ganast
07-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Go to:

Admin > Tools > Server Info

and search for "Curl Support"

If its not there that is probably your problem... search for a similar subject on the forums.oscommerce.com site and you will get all the info you need.

In any case, this could probably fail with a helpful error and be a little easier on the end user. I entered it in bugtracker.

In the mean time, get Curl module for php and this error will go away.

--gabe

Frankie69
07-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks, I will look into this!

ganast
07-30-2005, 04:01 AM
BTW, I don't personally use the aabox hosting because I have *a lot* of experience with osCMax/oscommerce and have my own servers... however when I first started, I used a company a lot like aabox for hosting, and... it was REALLY nice to work with a company that knew how to set up a server properly and manage it for use with oscommerce.

The first thing you might try (before banging your head against your host trying to get them to upgrade their PHP, etc...) is switching to a company that has specific oscommerce oriented hosting... you can't get better than aabox if you are intent on using osCMax.

(I don't get paid to say this ;))

--gabe