PDA

View Full Version : HELP MY DATABASE IS GONE!!

markymrk22
07-28-2005, 08:20 AM
ok so i went into the oscommerce control panel trying to change my user password...and instead of clicking into the admin console i hit edit just to check it out....i read what it said about changing everything so i clicked back....but then my site disappeared and apparently so did my proper database....it says my settings are saved somewhere and also all my files are still in webshell but i cant get my site to find them....please help

Mark

ganast
07-28-2005, 08:40 AM
your db is still there... sounds like you just changed the password on your admin account... possibly to '' (nothing)...

when you say "my site cannot find the files" what does that mean? do you get a 404 error when you go to index.php?

--gabe

markymrk22
07-28-2005, 08:44 AM
all of my files are still in webshell. the server is in the process of uploading a backup copy of my database.

if my database is still there how can i upload it? I would love for that to happen

I also am very confused how to link my webshell files live with oscommerce once I restore the backup database, or somehow get the database I was working on back up.

thank soo much. I am losing my mind over here.

any help is much much appreciated.

ganast
07-28-2005, 10:35 AM
you database just sits there in the database... just like your files sit in the webshell. The files manipulate the database, and to do so all they need to know is the user, the password, and the database name... probably it was just that info that got scrambled... or possibly just your admin password got lost...

What EXACTLY are the problems you are experiencing?

--gabe

jpf
07-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Not sure what you mean by "files are still in webshell" what is webshell? Do you mean the files
EXIST on the server?

As for UPLOADING as in a file or RESTORING or reloading the MySQL Database from a file?

More than likely if something HAPPEND while RESTORING a database then maybe you have to re-load the database outside of OSC as setting needed for OSC to run may be lost....

Use phpmyadmin to gain access to the MySQL manager then "clear" all the tables in the existing Database and "run" a SQL command but use the "browse file" to get the backup file to load into MySQL...

Lost my mind - lots of time. Can't find it - some times. Out of my mind - I have to get into it first - that is if I can find it......

Good Luck