PDA

View Full Version : Catalog Listings - Add pictures?

AJ
03-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone.

So here is the question. When a visitor selects a catagory to browse, the see a list of all the products in the catagory. I want to add a picture (even a thumb-nail picture) to the left of the text so the visitor can see what a picture of the item before the click the text and view the items full description.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--
AJ

DenverDave
03-09-2003, 09:42 AM
I have had the same request from my client - hope we find the answer. I'm thinking something similar to the what's new listing on the initial page, but listing the products. Where would you like to place the picture and are you going to keep the text?

|3ackdraft
03-09-2003, 01:33 PM
To display the image,

go to: Admin->Configuration->Product Listing

In both osCommerce 2.2 CVS and osCommerce MS1 change "Display Image" to "1"

This will enable images when your visitors are browsing a category.

This feature only scratches the surface of the available options for osCommerce, look at the other items available and experiment.

hth
l3ackdraft

michael_s
03-09-2003, 10:48 PM
:shock: Doesn't anyone play anymore? Click buttons, change settings? Gee, lets see what this does? Tinkering? Just think how smart you'll feel when you discover a new feature for the first time!

C'mon, have a little fun. Open the admin in one window. Open the catalog in another side by side. Change a setting in admin, then refresh the catalog window to see what it does! This is not rocket science - its oscommerce science :)

|3ackdraft
03-10-2003, 05:04 AM
msasek,

:D Thats what I wanted to say, but did not know how to put it across or tactfully, without giving the impression that I was not willing to help.

Nicely Put

doug
03-11-2003, 01:53 AM
Well, that technique and search have worked well for me too! :D