PDA

View Full Version : Category descriptions do not get saved.

datazen
06-29-2005, 09:16 AM
I noticed that Category Descriptions are not getting saved. Anyone else experiencing this with v2 RC1?

michael_s
06-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Please post some debug info :

PHP, MYSQL, Apache, Linux versions. Also, do you have category descriptions enabled in the admin?

No, you are the first that has posted this behavior. It is working fine in all test shops. The code that handles this has not been changed since v1.5.5.

pigdestroyer
09-05-2005, 07:01 AM
I have seen the same behaviour. Although I can see that category descriptions are being written to the database, they are just not visible if you browse via the admin interface. For me this is the same whether or not category descriptions are enabled.

Server OS:
Linux 2.4.20-31.9smp

Database:
MySQL 4.0.17-standard

HTTP Server:
Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

PHP Version:
4.2.2 (Zend: 1.2.0)

michael_s
09-05-2005, 08:00 AM
http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=20

blinkygab
09-22-2005, 11:48 PM
i got the same error - /catalog/admin/categories.php WAS NOT saving description text, for Categories & Product.

looking in the HTML source, I decided that the problem was the naming of the textarea form element. The form expects the name of the textarea to be something like "categories_description[123]" (123 being the category ID)

However, the form element is named "categories_description123".
The string "categories_description" and the ID "123" are being concatinated, instead of forming it into an array object.

anyhow. i changed two lines in /catalog/admin/categories.php and got the form to save my descriptions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
LINE 506:

original code:
} else { echo tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_description' . $languages[$i]['id'],'soft','70','15',(isset($categories_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $categories_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_category_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']))) . '</td>';

replace with this:
} else { echo tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'].']','soft','70','15',(isset($categories_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $categories_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_category_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']))) . '</td>';
----------------------------------------

LINE 900:
original:
} else { echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'],'soft','70','15',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))) . '</td>';

replace it with this:
} else { echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'].']','soft','70','15',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))) . '</td>';
--------------------------------------------------------------------

hope that helps.

HollyRidge
09-25-2005, 10:23 AM
I had the same problem.

Thank you blinky!! That fix worked great!!

crispin
11-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Ditto that! Nice one blinky!!

kenlyle
11-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Great! Thanks.