PDA

View Full Version : Help with Credit Card Type issues

crus
03-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Sorry to bother but I've searched whole site can't find anything related to "credit type" or "credit card". It's like this.

In my checkout_payment page, for the credit card information, there is no "credit card type" box showing up so that customer could pick their card type.

I checked following files:
/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php
/catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php
/catalog/includes/modules/payment/cc.php
/catalog/checkout_payment.php

But it seems everywhere has already included credit_card_type and defined alright. But it just won't show up. Even the cc_validation file checks for different card types also. I haven't changed anything related to credit card yet. So it came with default.

I went into admin control panel, and in the credit edit option from payment module, I could not find credit card type neither.

Please save my dumb butt here. I've spent this whole night try to find it. I will really appreciate someone could give me some hints.

Thank you very much in advanced.

If you want to see what's going on, coming www.countryroadus.com/shop1/catalog
register a user and go to checkout_payment. You will see the in credit information section, only owner_name, credit number, and expiration date are showing, but not credit card type.[/url]

michael_s
03-07-2003, 01:22 AM
The logic of the CC module doesnt need this input. It is an offline processor, so there is no need to know what type of card it is.

doug
03-07-2003, 01:23 AM
The problem is that your products have a weight of 0 in the database, I know that this sounds silly but it caught me out too. Try search this site for tips about weight!

chrisyewchuk
10-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Its a bit confusing for the user to let the back end "autodetect" the credit card type. Its nice that it can confirm the type, but the user should be able to *Select* its payment type, so it knows what the site supports. Its pretty standard practice now. People are so used to seeing it, they'll think there is something wrong if they dont. And you dont want any doubt in the mind of the user when they're just about to put in their cc#!

So, are there any modules that allow you to select a payment type?

Also, is there a way to process the credit cards manually, instead of using an automated service like authorize.net?

Thanks in advance!

michael_s
10-16-2003, 03:44 PM
chrisyewchuk, the standard cc module IS an offline processor that doesnt use any online processing I do not recommed using it for anything other than testing though, since it is not secure.

Also, if you think it is not clear to your users what cc types you accept, just put icons of the ones you accept on the payment page. That is a very easy solution that will remove any doubt as to the type of cards you accept.

chrisyewchuk
10-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Hi msasek,

When I first installed Max MS2 it seemed to default to the authorize.net payment. I've since disabled the authroize.net module under "Payment Modules", but still each time I try to complete the checkout I get the following error:

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [/usr/bin/curl -d "x_Login=MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_LOGIN

[All my transaction details..]

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll] in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\catalogmax\includes\modules\aut horizenet_direct.php on line 69

Since I turned off the authorize.net stuff, why does it still seem to access the authroize.net gateway?

It looks as though the authroize.net code cannot be turned off?! Is that the case? I looked at the original (non-Max) version of OSC, and it works fine - doesn't try any authroize.net stuff.

Thanks for any clarification you can offer me,
Chris.

chrisyewchuk
10-16-2003, 06:11 PM
A did a bit more investigation, and I found the code that's trying to include the authorizenet_direct.php file:

in checkout_process.php it says:

//************************************************** **********
// Authorizenet ADC Direct Connection
// Make sure the /catalog/includes/class/order.php is included
// and $order object is created before this!!!
if(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_STATUS) {
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'authorizenet_direct.php');
}
//************************************************** **********

So it seems that "MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_STATUS" is being set somewhere, but I can't find it with a text search on the entire \catalog directory tree..

Any idea where or why this is set? I assume that if I can reset this flag then it will bypass the authorize.net stuff..

Thanks!
Chris.