PDA

View Full Version : last INFOBOX is displayed twice

AdamB_420
06-16-2005, 01:32 PM
there is a extra copy of the botton box on the left column. Doesnt matter what box os there, theres 2 copies. Why?, Its in all my templates.

thanks.

Adamb

http://devine-ethno.ca

Klusmakelaar
06-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Hello

I have the same problem. Only there is an infobox on the left bottum , where it shout be and an extra infobox (copy) on the right top.
I'm running the site local. with inferno.

note: when i put all standard infoboxes back on, the last infobox "articles" apears dubble.

inmotion
06-18-2005, 01:43 PM
I am also experiencing this. Has anyone found a fix yet?

Adam

Sander
06-20-2005, 01:07 AM
I have a problem with the infoboxes, the ones on the right site.

Whichever one is the last one (articles now) is displaced twice, bug?

A bugfix for this has been posted:
http://bugtrack.oscmax.com/view.php?id=12

Redeye_Joe
06-20-2005, 05:05 PM
I just installed the new osmax2 and it shows two of which every the bottom info box I leave in as the lower box. Here is my site if you want to take a look..
http://www.3heartssoap.com

if I remove the articles box, it shows two login boxes, any help on what I need to do to correct this would greatly be appreciated.
Doug

Sander
06-21-2005, 02:16 AM
If you would have looked better you would have seen i have already posted this problem yesterday :wink:

michael_s
06-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Hi,

Looks like I introduced a problem when I packaged up the release. I may have grabbed the wrong version of a file. This has been noted. If you want to submit a bug report in the bugtracker, feel free to do so, so this doesn't get lost.

zododo
06-21-2005, 12:50 PM
HI,

I have a problem with my Info Box on the right. There is one bax doubled for whichever is left as bottum. Please advise.

Thanks!

Jeffrey Bao

inmotion
06-21-2005, 02:36 PM
This is basically a deal breaker for me using osC Max 2.0. I really hope someone finds a fix for this soon, as I would really like to start stting up users with the new version.

michael_s
06-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Adam, you have the version wrong, it is not 2.0 it is 2.0 RC1. Please remember this is a Release Candidate and you should not be setting up anyone with this version yet. This is for bug-testing and tweaking only. Don't expect everything to be fixed in an afternoon. There are going to be bugs, so report them and help out.

I have not seen this reported in the bugtracker yet. Why not report it at http://bugtrack.oscmax.com. Please include all details.

inmotion
06-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Dear Michael,

I was unaware that this was a release candidate, that does make a difference. No worries here, I just figured if this was a full release something like that would have been attended to already.

Keep up the good work.

michael_s
06-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Yes, for the full release, everything should be in order. This will be attended to. In fact, I think it was introduced when making the download package itself, as I can confirm it is in the download code, but not in the development code... Most likely I exported the wrong version of a file into the package.

As for not knowing it is a release candidate, it is only in every post announcing it, every email sent and even in the download name and description on the download page. You may need an eye exam... ;)

Thanks for the bug report, we should have it sorted in a few days at the most...

inmotion
06-21-2005, 06:18 PM
I see that now. I'll schedule an eye appointment for tomorrow. Sorry to be a pest.

Redeye_Joe
06-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Sander did you find a fix for this.
thanks Doug

Redeye_Joe
06-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Anyone know how we can fix this, or what needs changed.
thanks,
Doug

Sander
06-21-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm lookin into it.

michael_s
06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
A workaround has been posted for this until it can be fully resolved:

Redeye_Joe
07-09-2005, 03:14 PM
The work around suggest you just disable the authors box, but it isnt doesnt fix the problem if I disable it, then it just doubles the next box that is at the bottom, im my case the checkout box.
Seems like this would be an easy fix, please infom if anyone has had any luck with it,
Doug

michael_s
07-10-2005, 07:00 PM
It does workaround the problem. Clear your browser cache or the osCMax cache if you are using it.

Redeye_Joe
07-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I disabled the authors box, via the infobox admin, and it now showing the signin box twice, you can come and see if you want,
http://www.3heartssoap.com

I am not using the osCMax cache.
What am I doing wrong,
Doug

Redeye_Joe
07-25-2005, 03:27 PM
I found this on another post, havnt tried it yet, but he claims it works,

I found the solution for the Article Box (or any Box) showing twice at the bottom of the right column. All you have to do is to get the last version of the contribution InfoAdminBox in the OS Commerce site and re-install the sql file in your database.

Doug

michaelphodges
08-01-2005, 07:55 PM
It does workaround the problem. Clear your browser cache or the osCMax cache if you are using it.

Dear Michael, I concur as Im having this exact same issue.

Example;

disable the bottom most box and the box above that which was disabled or even moved to the right column is duplicated, then mover or disable that duplicated box and the next one becomes duplicated, bugtracker id 0000012 the workaround provided doesnt seem to help.

Can anyone see a way around this issue

michaelphodges
08-01-2005, 08:15 PM
After more research this is the scenario
If you do not want to display the articles box and you remove it by disabling in the InfoBox Admin it duplicated the bottom right box regardless of which box is at the bottom.
If you add an Author and have removed this box you get the 'Articles by Author' box even though it has been disabled and it cannot be removed however no boxes are then duplicated.

A possible workaround would be to add a 'blank' author then disable the 'author' infobox as well

Summary (which is what Michael Sasek is talking about)
1. Goto Admin -> 'Articles by Author' -> 'Authors' -> select 'insert' then 'save'
2. Goto Admin -> 'Infobox Admin' -> select 'Authors' -> select the red button to make it 'inactive'
3. Thank Mr Michael Sasek as he was right the first time, we just didnt understand clearly what was meant.

Seeing im a technical writher / kb Manager where i work i though id help out a bit, even though no one would help me out on my only desperate post, I was saved by Mr Michael Sasek once again via PM, cheers mate

michael_s
08-04-2005, 07:57 AM

michaelphodges
08-04-2005, 06:30 PM

Your a legend mate, as i said beers r on me in OZ

Redeye_Joe
08-09-2005, 01:37 PM
I posted a fix for this already in this post. Just download the newest version of the infobox admin from oscommerce contributions site, and then you run the sql file that comes with it over you database, you might need to install a couple of the info boxes again from the admin, but other than that it works fine.
Doug

michael_s
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Doug, that is not the official bugfix and does not work for everyone.

The official bugfix is posted in the bugtracker and is much easier than that, and actually fixes the problem by correctcting the bug in the code.

tymcode
11-27-2005, 01:32 AM
I tried both bugfixes and neither worked. Maybe my symptoms are a little different: No matter whether the box_content is static test or anything, any new box I create gets the content from the box directly above it. It happens regardless of column or position, and regardless of whether Articles is showing or not.

Even this test infobox gets the wrong content.

<?php
$boxHeading = 'This is a Test';
$corner_left = 'square';
$corner_right = 'square';
$box_base_name = 'test'; // for easy unique box template setup (added BTSv1.2)
$box_id = $box_base_name . 'Box'; // for CSS styling paulm (edited BTSv1.2)
$box_content = 'Had this been a real infobox...';
include (bts_select('boxes', $box_base_name)); // BTS 1.5
$boxLink = '';
?>

Help!