PDA

View Full Version : Admin User and Password

PeterG
06-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Whats the username and password for loggin in to the admin section??

Peter

PeterG
06-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Got it...

bbhs
06-15-2005, 03:46 AM
After you have completed the installation the admin login asks for a email address and password.
This is not specified during the installation - what should it be ??

Thx

mnpolock
06-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Unless it has changed it is

User Name: [email protected]
Password: admin

Read the README file that is included with the zip ;-)

bbhs
06-15-2005, 04:01 AM
Yes just found it in the readme file - Thx for replying !!

michael_s
06-15-2005, 06:30 AM
I think I am going to recode the admin screen to have it display the default login if it has not been changed.

This is the most annoying thing ever! (no offense to those who are running across this for the first time - I know it is new to you, but the README file says READ ME for a reason. This is like the 10,000,000th time I have seen this question asked!)

JohnW
06-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Probably the most asked question since "what is the meaning of life"

After reading the readme files the key to getting questions answered the fastest on any forum is using the search function. By searching keywords in a question you can find answers to common and even uncommon questions much faster than posting a question and waiting for the answer.

Just my own 2 cents.

mnpolock
06-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Yes Search will resolve most issues ... I think it would be in everyones best interest to place another sticky in the V2.0 forums like the V1.7 fourms that has the same title ;-)

"I've just installed OSCMax what is the password?"

LOL,

Tony

btodd187
06-29-2005, 10:36 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and [email protected] no longer works... Any suggestions?

mnpolock
06-30-2005, 03:48 AM
If you did not drop your database, then likely your old user name and password from your last install is what you need.

Otherwise you have an installation issue...

[email protected]
admin

If that doesn't work, use whatever you were using in the last install. And you can try the [email protected] with your old password. Otherwise, go to mysql ... drop the database and reinstall so that everything is fresh.

bonanza
07-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Theres an bug in admin section if you want to change admin email. emails like this
[email protected] don`t work because of the first point. The Checking Javascript has an error. Is there a fix for that out there?

blackcactus
11-08-2005, 07:14 PM
I used [email protected]
password admin
it looks like it is going to the admin panel but when page loads its at login again

blackcactus
11-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Never Mind Im a noob
Ok Window server users!!! maybe make this a sticky seperate..

I went to mysite.com/catalog/admin/login.php page reloaded askin to log in here is what I did to fix this.

Go into your catalog/admin/includes/configuration.php

most times it is lines 19 and 20

find this and make it looks like mine if you Installed to yoursite.com/
structure yoursite.com/catalog

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

after i did this my admin page loaded and I was off to the races...