PDA

View Full Version : Attributes as text boxes?

webman
06-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi,

Great newes on the new realease.

I was wondering how easy it is to alter the attributes to be text entry boxes rather than drop down boxes. The products I use have many different options, the options are listed in the products description, and rather than create 1000's of individual options via the admin panel i was hoping just to put in text entry boxes and have the options typed in by the user?

Many Thanks for your assistance.

Les

michael_s
06-15-2005, 06:25 AM
Les,

This is not possible at this time (easily). We had to remove this feature temporarily as it will require a full recoding of the module that handled this before. Hopefully we will be adding this back in before too long...

webman
06-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your reply, looks like i'll have to be a little patient for a little longer and wait till the new module is recoded and released.

Take care

Les :)

Cisco
09-05-2005, 08:35 AM
There is a contribution at oscommerce.com

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160/category,all/search,Attributes

I have been able to get it installed except for the textbox is only a drop down menu and will not change to a text, radio or checkbox.

Do you have any solutions?

f9Pete
11-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Does anyone whether this got fixed in the end as I have the same problem?

When I add a text/text area as a product attribute it is displayed as an empty drop down box !!!

Also...

Is Option Type v1.71 the only contribution that adds a text product attribute ? So far I have lost three days to this and am getting nowhere fast so any help would be great.

Many thanks in advance,

Pete

jpf
11-24-2005, 11:44 AM
QTPro (QTP) is the problem - it is not compatable with Option Type Atrib

You have to remove QTPRO and put in OTA

I am working on putting featues of QTP into OTA.

Cisco
11-26-2005, 05:35 PM
What is QTPRO and OTA?

jpf
11-27-2005, 03:15 PM
QTPRO - and OPTION TYPE ATTRIB (OTF or OTA)

both provide differnet option of attribs - with some other difffernces.....

The BOTH conflick as both want to modify the same code - both do it very differnet - QTPRO has stock tracking for attribs - that is why it is in osCMax 2.0 - how ever OTF or OTA had to be removed.

Impreza25r
11-28-2005, 07:21 PM
First off I'd like to comment on the great work all you coders do to make osCMax possible and available to all of us.

Do, you have any idea on time frame for making the Text options available for osCMax? I'm waiting to launch a new site that requires this function and Just want a rough idea if at all possible. I'd hate to install 1.7 just to get by and then have to trash everything and start over with v2

jpf
12-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Sorry no time frame right now - too much work at this time of the year for me.

Will work at this mid Jan when things cool down.