PDA

View Full Version : Password retrieval

bbracelets
05-05-2005, 08:07 AM
How does a website customer who has already registered and ordered prviously find out his/her password if they have forgotten it? Is there a way for us to look it up in the Admin mode?

michael_s
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
They can just use the 'forgot password' feature on the login page...

bbracelets
05-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Sorry I was not more specific with my question.

Our website is new. During the development stage (November 2004) I forgot my password and followed the process to request a new one. I was given y07Zw and was able to log in to the website but I could not figure out how to access my profile to change the password.

Fast forward to February 2005 when a friend helped test the site by placing an order. She forgot her password and was given a password which included é and č.

I was able to tell her how to get those characters because I write in French. Last night I requested a password to refresh my mind on how that mode works and I received the following: ˙lü6r

I have pasted it into this message as I do not know how to enter the 1st and 3rd characters. I'm sure I can go on the Internet and find a key for all the characters but it does not solve the problem for webstie customers who will just go find an easier place to shop online.

The immediate concern is one customer who has already purchased on the site and emailed us that she can't remember her password. I do not know if she has gone through the steps of requesting one but I am hesitant to direct her to do so if she's going to be issued a temporary password in a language she can't duplicate.

Please advise. Thanks!

test However, most, if not all, of my website customers will be typical English-speaking only Americans who will have no clue how to do characeters that are not in the English alphabet.

Is there a language mode for me to apply to the passwords?

michael_s
05-06-2005, 08:55 AM
This is a server issue I think. I never get non-english characters or special characters in my passwords. Find out what language your server is using. I have never run across this before.

Good luck.