PDA

View Full Version : Paid Subscription Product Type (1 day, 1 wk, 1 mo, 1 year)

author20
02-24-2003, 04:43 AM
I need a subscription-type product type in osCommerce.

Basically, the project requires the completion of the following tasks:

1. Create a mySQL database of customer accounts, with the customer number, the order number, the pre-supplied password, and the other fields (that are blank until the order), times 100,000 (one record for each customer). See example of complete record below.

Order #, date, customer#, password, name, address, city, zip, phone, e-mail, amount, length code, unique login URL

Order#, Customer#, password fields are pre-populated with 1 million records.

2. When order comes in for a subscription, customer selects a subscription package that gives customers a choice of subscription lengths: 1 time, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year. Each length has a product code just like an item of merchandise would – so there is nothing different to do in the osCommerce catalog – at least with respect to ordering. .
3. We e-mail the customer’s order#, customer#, password, unique login URL.
4. Customer logs in and is then sent to the page that delivers the subscriber content. If the customer does not enter the correct password, they are advised that they can click on a link that will resend password. Or told “subscription expired” or “no subscription please subscribe” depending on their status.
5. When they log on from the home page of the site, their e-mail address is their user-id and their password is checked via the mySQL database. The login confirmation message should include their user-id and a message that tells them how many months and days they have left in their subscription. If it is one time subscription, they are told that it is a “one time session” and that if they log off, they must renew.

Note: we e-mail only after a credit card authorization is confirmed. I need set-up for the following merchant accounts: 1)cardservice/linkpoint, using the PHP wrapper I have it. 2)authorizenet 3)paypal merchant 3)yahoo professional. There are payment modules for all of these payment types

There are contributions at osCommerce.com that allow you to edit the contents of the post-order e-mail. That could be used to help build the above-described module. Perhaps even the folks here at OSCdox have this function, since they have a membership site.

Actually, I've heard that somebody has done this in osCommerce already. Anybody know about this -- let me know. The only new work that would be necessary, in my view, is the creation of a program that would send a unique pre-stored password and unique link, within the order confirmation e-mail.