PDA

View Full Version : paypal udates for MAX1.7 ?

evileddie
03-28-2005, 03:07 AM
question:
If I have MAX1.7 installed ( of which came wih PAYPAL IPN as part of the download)
then do i need to "update" to the "new" one from the OCS site
http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753

and if so... do i just reupload the module>payment>paypal.php
or do i go by the instructions and hack up my osMAX ??!?

i thought that the PAYPAL IPN that was with MAX WAS a working one.
am i wrong?

:wink:

michael_s
03-28-2005, 08:40 AM
It works but is an older version that is quirky. For some it works right out of the box, for others... well you will have no problems finding long discussions about it here...

You will have to follow the mod instructions to install the latest version, and note that you will have to manually make changes to the template files if needed, since the BTS system moves some of the code you will have to modify.

evileddie
03-28-2005, 01:02 PM
sounds like a huge pain in the rear.
:shock:

maybe i'll just wait a little bit ... thanks for the info.

-EvilEddie

smbpbx
06-06-2005, 09:34 AM
It works but is an older version that is quirky.

Which version of Paypal IPN is in osCMax 1.7?

Thanks

-Kanti

bumpy
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Having read what I could find, the Wiki that is 'incomplete', the 1753 thread, the install.html that comes with osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 PayPal IPN Payment Module v1.1, I thought I understood that the sequence was:
Disable/remove Paypal IPN from Admin in OSC 1.7.
Remove files (backed up with command for i in `find ./catalog -name paypal*`; do tar uf pp-ipn-backup.tar $i; done...) and removed.
Untar the osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1.zip at / (above catalog) which does create the /catalog/ext dir.
Add/Enable PayPal IPN from Admin, setup dev account (sandboxes) at PayPal, and rock! ...

I will try to make a contrib to that, with what I have learned.

All seems working, the instructions I have gathered make this adventure a bath compared to the riptide of other mods/installs. The team seems to be getting better at communicating! (that's supposed to be a compliment)

Then when in Admin, under Customers, third item: PayPal IPN...

first, the link was broken by my removal of the file catalog/admin/paypal_ipn.php, replaced that from the tarfile (my backup of stock 1.7)
Running it failed to find 2 others: catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/paypal_ipn.php and catalog/admin/includes/classes/paypal_ipn.php which I was able to replace from backup.

So I guess I was muddy on the use of Remove as part of the uninstall, doesn't work without some supervision.

Stumped myself with attempting to get a Return URL from the forums, (later found one post that said DONT) and broke things with the ever so clear PayPal info that 'The email address is not configured to take payments) 0 items in cart, and bunch of debug msgs that lead me to Unbreak by back-pedaling.

Glad to say that with the (hard to find) definitive "IPN Notification URL" of %catalogURL%/checkout_process.php all is golden!! Tomorrow we try the SSL config, and then the Encrypted Web Transactions.

Michael, I won't be posting 'Help! My Live Store is Broke!' as entertaining as those stories are. Would you mind detailing what "changes to the template files" might be needed?

bumpy
07-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Ok, set up encrypted payments, and the payment went thru, and pmt info
came back in Customers:Orders in admin. Buuuut...

The return from Paypal was right back into Checkout:Confirm screen. This
will result in folks paying over and over again, I think.

Before turning on Encrypted, the cart emptied, the stock dpleted, and the
order shows as Pending. The order status does show Pending, but now the
cart is not getting emptied, and the stock is not getting depleted, even
when I changed the order status to Delivered. Customer got notification,
but still sees the items in basket, with option to Checkout.

Any help?