PDA

View Full Version : how to move banner from footer

joanstead
03-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Can someone explain how to make the banner with banner manager to show up in a left or right column vs. the bottom footer of the page?

Thanks!

JoAn,

Impreza25r
03-13-2005, 10:48 AM
JoAn,
open you main_page.tpl.php file located in the templates directory find this code
<?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?>
and simply move it to where you would like it to display on the page.

matty102
03-13-2005, 12:24 PM
I am also trying to move banners to the right / left column's. I have tried the above but still cant get it working.
Is it possible to explain exactly where and in which file I would move the above line of code to get it working?
Many Thanks

Impreza25r
03-13-2005, 02:08 PM
all you should have to do is move the above posted code to where you want the banner to display. If you are using template osc it is located on line 107 of main_page.tpl.php and im not 100% possitive as I don't use this template to test, but you should move it just beneath line 43 <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?> place it under this code. this should display the banners in the left column. keep in mind you will have to play around with the sizing of the banners to get them to fit correctly.

matty102
03-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi,

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I am using AAbox template. I have tried what you said and in different places in in the code and it does now seem to be attempting to put in a banner but I getting an error.

I have attached a screen shot which hopefully helps.

The error is: TEP ERROR! (tep_display_banner(static, ) -> Banner with ID '' not found, or status inactive

The banner is active and set to 468x50 in admin.

joanstead
03-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Did you ever get it to work for you?

matty102
03-29-2005, 09:05 AM
I did it slightly differently in the end but it all works fine now. See here...

http://oscdox.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4586&high light=