PDA

View Full Version : Separate pricing per customer No groups in Products

zel
02-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Hello All

I need to add a group to the separate pricing per customer however when I go to the products section I have only retail there, there is no drop down with any other groups. Am I wrong in assuming I should have a wholesale group and if not how do I add another group.

I tried just typing in next to retail but got the following error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/*****public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 99.

I am using oscmax v1.7 and easy populate to upload the products to my store and I need to have the groups and prices showing the excel spreadsheet but alas I can't even find them in the products in admin. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Brain dead.....

The hours of pouring through the forum may have affected by eyesight and brain so please excuse me if I have missed something extremely simple here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Zel

malcol27
02-14-2005, 06:08 AM
I think what you have to do is create a customer (or use an existing one) and then go to the admin section which allows you to edit customers. Once there, select the customer you want to have special pricing and enter the name of the new group. From this point forward, when you enter in products you will have a new box on the bottom with the new group name which you created. Enter your pricing here and any customers that are in the new group will see the special pricing when they log in and browse through your site. Hope this helps.

zel
02-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Thank you Malcol27 for you response however I have tried this method of typing in the new group and received the error as per my first post..... I really am at a loss here. Any other suggestions?

Regards
Zel

michael_s
02-14-2005, 11:08 AM
There is something wrong with your installation then.

The proper method for adding a new group is to type the new group name into the Customer Group box at the bottom of the Customer Details page. It will automatically add the new group if it is not there.

If you are getting an error when doing this, you have made a change to the shop somewhere that has broken this feature, or you have not properly installed osCMax.

zel
02-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Thank you Michael

Thankyou for your help, as I haven't made any changes to the shop I guess a full reinstall would be best.... osCMax seems to be working beautifully apart from this and it only seems to be like this since using easy populate. If I reinstalled the database again do you think this would work instead of a complete reinstall or am I just prolonging the agony.

Thanks
Zel

zel
02-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Quick Update

I reinstalled my database to before I used easypopulate....and I can add groups.........I also modified the easypopulate.php file to allow for customer groups. However when I download my EP file to excel the extra price section for groups is not there. Should it be?

Does easypopulate cater for group prices, becuase in the Docs it states that it only does retail price however it gives you instructions on how to cater for groups.....please excuse my ignorance but how do you edit the price for the products that are in a different group to retail. Is this possible? or do you have to go and manually edit each product. I love the easypopulate contribution however I really need each group to be updated with the correct price. Seems odd or am I expecting to much.

regards
zel

malcol27
02-20-2005, 01:49 PM
I haven't had the greatest time with easy populate and the pricing by group module. It seems that rather than download the whole catalog file, if you choose the option to download only model, prices and quantities (assuming you have followed the instructions in the easy populate documentation to support the group pricing module) that the new pricing does appear.

I was unable to see all of the pricing groups when looking at the entire database, but when looking at the model, price qty... my groups were there. It adds an extra step to the uploading and downloading, but its still a helluvalot faster method to populate your database.