PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a mod to display multiple product images

Dr_Evil
02-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Hi,
I am wanting to display more than one image with each product. Like a front view image and a side view image etc.

Has anyone actually done this, or know of a mod for it. I have checked out the Contributions. Nothing there.

Thanks,

Marc

michael_s
02-16-2003, 09:21 AM
You could always add this to the actual product information. You can use html in your product description to call other images.

Petter
02-16-2003, 09:56 AM
I'm new to PHP, but could the code in popup_image.php be modifyed to add a letter (ex. 'B') to the name of the image that is being called?

If this is possible, 2 sets of images ( 'image.gif' & 'imageB.gif' ) could be stored and PHP would take care of the rest.

Petter - Arktisk Pudder

lango
02-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Try this found in the contribution area of oscommerce.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,257/page,6

Its called Mo Pics - Add More Images to Product Info

Petter
02-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks, but you did not answer my question.

I've browsed through the readme of this contrib, and I don't feel confident enough to even try at the moment...

lango
02-16-2003, 01:47 PM
download Ian Wilson's Loaded4 from

www.phesis.co.uk

It has this contribution ready installed

Petter
02-16-2003, 02:55 PM
... this still does not answer my question...

michael_s
02-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Petter, you have forked this thread. That is why your question is not answered. The relpies are answering Dr. Evil's original post. Your post is more appropriate in a separate thread, as it is not on topic.

But, to answer your question, yes this is possible. You can modify this. It is easier and more compatible to add one of the existing contributions, as you do not have to re-invent the wheel so to speak.

Dr_Evil
02-17-2003, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the replies,
I thought I had sused out all of the contributions, must have been asleep. Looking at code all day will do that to you. :shock:

Looks like that contribution Lango suggested is a good way without having to add html everytime.

However I think I'll wait for the next version of loaded.

msasek. Congratulations on a great forum.

Marc